For Sale - 21" drum brake front wheel with tire

moparmatt91

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
i have a 21" front wheel with a drum brake. The rim is in very nice shape. It would be fairly simple to get this to work on our xs650 front ends. includes a near perfect 3.0 - 21 ribbed tire (no dry rot lots of tread left) also includes nice brake shoes. $220 plus shipping OBO

Attachments

• MVC-001F.JPG
    MVC-001F.JPG
    209.1 KB · Views: 797
  • MVC-002F.JPG
    MVC-002F.JPG
    213.2 KB · Views: 355
  • MVC-003F.JPG
    MVC-003F.JPG
    209.9 KB · Views: 266
  • MVC-004F.JPG
    MVC-004F.JPG
    208.7 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
the axle nuts have a shank on them. the axle itself is long enough to work you would just need to make new axle nuts with a shank diameter that would fit into each side of the lower legs. It would be very simple

Attachments

• MVC-004F.JPG
    MVC-004F.JPG
    194.2 KB · Views: 136
  • MVC-005F.JPG
    MVC-005F.JPG
    211.2 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
the axle nuts have a shank on them. the axle itself is long enough to work you would just need to make new axle nuts with a shank diameter that would fit into each side of the lower legs. It would be very simple

Except for the part where you have to make a brake stay for the drum plate out of aluminum and then tig weld it to your lower fork leg, then make spacers, then make "axle nuts". This is not a level 1 front wheel swap.... But that's a sharp looking hub.

Turning spacers and axle nuts on a lathe isnt very difficult. Alot easier than machining and entire axle to swap other wheels. As far as welding the brake stay on the lowers you will have to do that for any drum brake wheel. You could also make a brake stay that would bolt to caliper or fender mounts. If these skills are out of your reach then sorry but i dont find it necessary leave to leave a smart ass comment on my classifieds add.

I got your PM. As is stated to you:

Please don't oversimplify a process to sell something. It's not fair to someone that might not know what is involved. "Very simple" would not be the ideal term.

They will need a lathe, lathe work, TIG welder, and preferably a bridgeport mill to make the stay. I have done this several times fitting XS1 wheels to the aluminum 35mm forks and its not very easy. Lots of research, measuring, skill and shop time involved. None the less that is a sharp looking hub. Good luck with the sale.

Mopar Matt

Do you remember where you got this from? .. an old dirt bike perhaps?
That user hasn't logged into the forum in 6 years. But yes most likely came from an old dirtbike. I ran a similar 21" drum rim on a Triumph that I got off an older Kawasaki. 74ish KX250 I think.
T1.jpg
t3.jpg

Last edited:
That user hasn't logged into the forum in 6 years. But yes most likely came from an old dirtbike. I ran a similar 21" drum rim on a Triumph that I got off an older Kawasaki. 74ish KX250 I think.
Haha I read that as 2021 not 2012.
The triumph looks nice.
I remember reading of a good company that will replace a stock hub to a 21” but I forget the name of it.

Back