21" rims front and rear?

gordonscott

XS650exhaust.com
Reaction score
Anyone using 21" rims both front and rear? Would love to hear details on hubs used (year) and other details like rims etc... I know it's a newbie question but to lazy to search and trying to build my post count ( hi xs650nutt) :laugh:

I'm using 23"ers. Got a thread started on them here somewhere. Anyway, using the whole front rim and drum from a '81ish Honda enduro. Rear is XS drum and Honda rim. D.I.D.s. Powder coated drum and rims satin black with stainless Buchanans spokes.

I'm using 23"ers. Got a thread started on them here somewhere. Anyway, using the whole front rim and drum from a '81ish Honda enduro. Rear is XS drum and Honda rim. D.I.D.s. Powder coated drum and rims satin black with stainless Buchanans spokes.
Sounds real nice! Please feel free to post pictures here and I'll look for your thread, thanks for the responce:thumbsup:

When I wanted to do it I was going to use stock hubs so I didnt have to play with axels. I was going to send the to buchanans and have them do it till I seen the price.....already was over budget on the bike so I didnt. You could always contact dennis fong and see what he is doning on his bikes....he helped me out aolt when I did me 64 spoke 21 conversion. Hes a good dude! But I dont think I need to tell you that but there are some haters on here!

Here they are Gordon. Unfortunately, that's all I have done. Been pushing hard on the VW van in the background of the rear rim shot.

bt1.jpg

bt2.jpg

So what size spokes do you use to lace up the 23" rim to the stock xs rear hub (drum brake right?)?

I guess same question for the front.. but i have an xs400 front hub with the drum brake. Looking through the junk piles for an XL enduro 23" rim now....
-=PO

Hi Guys, Thanks for the info:thumbsup: Ben, those wheels look kickass! Not cheap I'm sure:yikes: If you want to sell them I'm your man :laugh: Ironsled, I don't know the Fong's personaly but I like there stuff, nice look they have going on. Don't know why so many haters out there :shrug: Criticizing others work in public does not make yours better, there's no point in it?

Well I decided to go with 19" wheels front and rear, these adaptors where made for me by AMA legend Jim Henry who still races to this day :thumbsup: Jim started racing in the early 50's and turned AMA pro in "61". I hope I can still ride never mind race when I'm his age, you go Jim! :bike:
cimg7830.jpg

Back