21IN front rim build?

kbosch71

kboscher
Reaction score
hey guys whats the best and cheapest way to run a 21 in front rim i will be running no brakes just wanna do the old school look.
i have a full drum rim set up if anyone wants to trade off a stock 1971 sx1

honestly i would just order the rim from buchanans
that way you can control the width of the rim depending on what tire you want to use
have them drill it properly and order up spokes no problem

my first attempt at running a 21" rim was using a rim from a different bike and running the avon speedmasters because i wanted to save money rather than just buying the custom rim.
but after 100 miles i didnt like the look or how thin they were so i bought front and rear rims from buchanans to fit the wider 21" tires i wanted to use

if you want to use avon speedmaster tires which have that classic old school look
you might be able to go with a rim from a honda xl250

not sure if youre looking for a hub to fit the stock axel
if it were me i would attempt to make my life easy and just stick with stock axel, spacers hubs and such...but as we all know life isnt easy

i have two avon speed master for sale
they are sitting in my garage and i dont want them to go to waste
they 125 miles on them both and are practically brand new
if youre interested

check this out for more info:
http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7453

hey guys whats the best and cheapest way to run a 21 in front rim i will be running no brakes just wanna do the old school look.
i have a full drum rim set up if anyone wants to trade off a stock 1971 sx1

ya i have a 21 rim laced its off a dirtbike kx250f i was gonna use that and make spacers and get a axle or change the bearing size just wanted to see if there was a easier way. i have a local guy that can lace for me . were can i get a hub that will fit stock axle that does not need breaks ?
and yes ill be hitting you up soon!

this is the rim i should be able to get spacers then find a axle that fits and a avon and i should be good . im not running front brakes

Attachments

• GOPR0020-2.jpg
    GOPR0020-2.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 116
Back