23inch front wheel help!

GoldToothGarage

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Searched around the site, found several options, just wanted to know the most cost effective way to run a 23ich front rim on one of my XS builds.

So far it looks as if a Honda XL250 23in front with a modified brake stay is the way to go.

Also wondering if anyone has relaced a stock front hub with to a 23inch hoop?

Any photos / descriptions would be the tits!

thanks!

Cost effective? Well, if you can do your own machine work and fabwork, then you can make the axle work with the OEM forks, and fabricate a bracket for the brake stay easily enough.

Lacing to a stock hub is possible, but you'll want a rim drilled for that specific hub. The XL uses a conical drum hub, so the spoke angles won't be the same.

Cost effective? Well, if you can do your own machine work and fabwork, then you can make the axle work with the OEM forks, and fabricate a bracket for the brake stay easily enough.

Lacing to a stock hub is possible, but you'll want a rim drilled for that specific hub. The XL uses a conical drum hub, so the spoke angles won't be the same.
I have the 23" xl500 wheel and hub and looks like I should be able to turn the xs2 axle down a couple mm to make it work. Can you offer any suggestions on spacer dimensions? And what a bracket for the brake stay might consist of. I have limited access to a friends machine shop but it's a heck of a drive so I'm trying to be as prepared as possible. Any help is very appreciated.

Back