277 rephase simple diagram to start the engine

Gefest

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi.
Help me how to connect the coil and PMA?
Just to start the engine, without light, and others.
I have a kit from mikesxs Part #24-2606

http://www.mikesxs.net/parts/yamaha-...ge-pma-package

I find different diagram in google, but they are all different, there is no single right.
Please! any help is needed.
Only the engine.
Very simple diagram please, to start the engine on the stand.
Thank you

7e88b53e41e12c0ba94055d6dfb8b618.jpg

Right? Without the battery, this diagram will work?
Fuse 7.5 Amp?
negative/ground(black color) wire to the engine case?

Last edited:
No, you need to cut the red wire from the regulator and put a battery in series, in that line for first start up.

After starting you can use either a capacitor and/or battery in that position. Pamco Pete does recommend the 7.5 amp fuse as you have shown it to protect the Pamco unit.

Hi Gefest,
your simplified diagram is over-simplified, it needs a battery or a capacitor in it.
The easiest way to test-run an XS650 motor is to hook up a battery directly to the ignition via a fuse and a switch and not bother with the charging system until you get the engine to start.

No, you need to cut the red wire from the regulator and put a battery in series, in that line for first start up.

After starting you can use either a capacitor and/or battery in that position. Pamco Pete does recommend the 7.5 amp fuse as you have shown it to protect the Pamco unit.

8787cde2dba28f6ec5c2f0d7f6f5c398.jpg

:doh:
Right?
Fuse 20 Amp in position?

Hi Gefest,
your simplified diagram is over-simplified, it needs a battery or a capacitor in it.
The easiest way to test-run an XS650 motor is to hook up a battery directly to the ignition via a fuse and a switch and not bother with the charging system until you get the engine to start.

f04372860150310168d6f2d6a2888e4c.jpg

Right?
Need fuse 20 Amp?

Back