3 position switch? Keyed or no key

section8joe

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I broke off the key in my ignition switch yesterday and I bought a new drag specialties switch. The original switch had OFF, IGNITION and IGNITION WITH LIGHTS. My new switch has OFF, then you turn it to the left for ACCESSORY then it turns right for IGNITION/ ACCESSORY. Is there anyway to run this switch so I can start the bike with IGNITION and no LIGHTS? I don't think there's a way because the key has to pass the OFF POSITION to get to the IGNITION/ ACCESSORY position but I thought I'd ask.
Does anyone sell a non keyed switch that will work for what I'm trying to accomplish? Lights wouldn't really be a problem but I'm running a really small battery and the voltage drops quickly.

If you didn't want to use a key, couldn't you just use two toggle switches? One for ignition and one for lights.

I have the same switch...I wired ignition and brake lights only to one side and ignition lights and brakes to the other....

I was hoping to find a switch that was off-on-on but did not have much luck...seems they are mostly on-off-on like this one...
Tom

Back