4mm tappet tool What do you use?

I was curious to know what you all use ?

My thumb and forefinger. But I do have smaller hands than most. I have noticed people mentioning some kind of "ignition wrench" works , something to do with adjusting points on old cars, I think.

Im cheap and like to make things up as I go. I used a 1/4" drive 3/16" socket and a flathead screwdriver. It actually worked quite well.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1379354394514.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379354394514.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 150
Nope, mainly because that's about twice what I'm willing to pay. Also, the Craftsman ignition wrench set can be had for about that and would be useful for other things as well. This tool is very specialized and only good for one thing.

Not got the opportunity yet to use the tappet adjust tool. I have every size of tool available. I got the that tool kit from a vintage garage. You too look for any older garage and hope that you too find one for yourself.

Loosen the lock nut, unscrew the adjuster from the rocker arm. Take it to your bench grinder. Grind the square off flush to the adjuster. Now use your Dremmel tool and cut a slot in the end of the adjuster. Cut it wide enough to use most any flat blade screwdriver.
Reinstall and adjust.
Leo

Back