520 Chain & Sprocket Help

There is a bunch of threads here on 520 vs 530, they are all the same. Some people say "why not do it if you want to" and the others who say "your nuts for not leaving it stock, stock is great, don't ever change anything ever because, just because I say so".

In the end, if you want to do a 520 conversion, and don't mind paying a little more to do it, go right ahead and do it, the gains may be marginal but they are still gains. Many people pay big bucks for a 2% increase in power, if you add that onto a bunch of other mods to gain you a few % it starts to add up, no one can deny that.

I agree, but it will (likely) not be any additional money as I was to replace the current chain and sprockets that are already on the bike. I have no idea what their age is and I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I just did the same thing, the chain on this bike looked pretty good but I replaced all the wheel bearings and swingarm bushings and decided to do chain and sprockets too to be safe. Went with the 520,if you shop around for a chain you can save some $ I got an x ring chain off eBay for like $60 for a 110 link, cut it down to fit. Works great.

Back