deleted

... I'm charging into the dealership tomorrow...

Antifreeze has Ethylene glycol.
Windshield wiper fluid can have some Ethylene glycol, but just a small amount.
Windshield wiper fluid can have Methanol.

They're both poisonous, but a fingertip taste test (followed immediately by spitting out and washing mouth) can tell the difference. You'd need a sample of both (known antifreeze and windshield wiper fluid) to do the comparison. A lotta taste testing (*blechhh*).

A safer test is the smell test.
Compare yours to known samples of antifreeze and windshield wiper fluid.

Windshield wiper fluid feels watery.
Antifreeze feels kinda slimy, oily.

Windshield wiper fluid will evaporate faster than antifreeze.

Antifreeze detection kits:

http://chemsee-foods.com/antifreeze-detection

Last edited:
OK - something very odd going on here:
  • Dude posted a thread with only a single dot (a period mark) as the title;
  • All of his posts contain just a dot (correction - one of them also has a square "brace" symbol);
  • F&C and 2M have responded and it appears that like me, F&C is seeing only the dots but 2M can see actual text in Dude’s posts (which appear to be about a vehicle servicing foul-up with a car);
Hmmmmm.
The other thing of course is why on earth are we talking about this at 5:00 AM?

Last edited:
Yeah......... I'm getting that too. I thought I had to replace some vacuum tubes in my laptop... :wink2:

Indeed. I tried replacing the rubber band in mine - but no difference....

I do NOT want to have to dig into the turbo-encabulator. I did that just last month and I'm still cleaning up the mess in the kitchen plus it cost a frickin' fortune.

OK - something very odd going on here:
  • Dude posted a thread with only a single dot (a period mark) as the title;
  • All of his posts contain just a dot (correction - one of them also has a square "brace" symbol);
  • F&C and 2M have responded and it appears that like me, F&C is seeing only the dots but 2M can see actual text in Dude’s posts (which appear to be about a vehicle servicing foul-up with a car);
Pete, Dude's using the microdot feature.
The entire contents of his posts are in nanotext, hidden within the dot.
The brace symbol means "brace yourself"...

Perhaps it is my affinity for Captain Pike, and his unfortunate communicative dilemma....

upload_2019-8-27_18-28-11.jpeg

.... ....
. ...

- - - I do NOT want to have to dig into the turbo-encabulator. I did that just last month and I'm still cleaning up the mess in the kitchen plus it cost a frickin' fortune.

Hi Pete,
those high-priced units last forever unless they're messed with.
Alas that you chose to mess with it and were unaware that turbo-encabulators are factory-sealed.
If the device's seals are breached it's encabulating fluid sublimates directly into the fourth dimension.
The mess in the kitchen is miscellaneous debris that the sublimation process sucked in from the luminiferous ether.

Hi Pete,
those high-priced units last forever unless they're messed with.
Alas that you chose to mess with it and were unaware that turbo-encabulators are factory-sealed.
If the device's seals are breached it's encabulating fluid sublimates directly into the fourth dimension.
The mess in the kitchen is miscellaneous debris that the sublimation process sucked in from the luminiferous ether.

Oh dammit - I was hoping that nobody would point that out Fred.

I do NOT want to have to dig into the turbo-encabulator. I did that just last month and I'm still cleaning up the mess in the kitchen plus it cost a frickin' fortune.
If anyone has an easy way to rig the dingle arms so the sperving bearings don't bind... I'd like to hear it. Mines been kickin' my butt....

Back