650central clutch cable help

When I first had the 75 the cable was so stretched I ran out of adjuster on the lever.
I had an extra adjuster from another lever. The hole in the cover where the cable goes is just the right size to thread to match the adjuster.
I have a metric tap and die set so I threaded the hole. The large round lock nut can't be used but a regular nut works fine.
Slip the cable into the adjuster, put on the nut, thread into hole in cover. This adds a bit of length to the cable and gives you much more adjustment.
I adjust the screw under the round chrome cover, adjust the adjuster just installed in the cover to get most of the slack out, then use the lever adjuster for fine tuning.
I'll post a pic. it is one with the stretched stock cable.
I replaced the stretched cable with a Motion Pro cable and had the remove the extra adjuster. That was around 6 years ago. The motion Pro Cable broke, I ordered the one from 650central. I found that with the clutch lever I was using it was a bit long, so I had to put the extra adjuster back in.
If you use the lever MMM recommends the cable is ok, but the stock lever it's a bit long.
Leo

Attachments

• LostFile_JPG_105164296.jpg
    LostFile_JPG_105164296.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 133
Back