650Central Rant

PHeller

Erie, PA
Reaction score
Sent email from Hotmail wanting to know if they had the parts I requested (in email).

Waited 24 hours. No reply.

Called, told them my email (in case it was caught in spam filter) and they said they'd look for it.

Waited another 24 hours, sent same email from another address.

No reply.

I'm still going to buy from them, but you'd think a company that has this amount of business could invest in a new website with a shopping cart.

Posted via Mobile

Remember, he's just a one man show, that actually talks to his customers and knows his stuff. When I bought carbs from him, he dialed them with what I have installed. I had had to drop the needles, but other than that they were right on the money. You're not going to get that kind of tuning through a online shopping cart.

I won't deny that but still when someone wants to buy $100 in stuff and they get no reply thru one of only two methods of making a sale it gets a bit frustrating.

Posted via Mobile

My guess is that once you connected with MMM, had some issue that needed the advice & counsel of a friendly courteous service oriented pro and received it no charge, pressure or hassle; you will be embarassed about your own rant. That know how and attitude does not come from any blind electronic shopping cart! My rant.... Otherwise BOL and have a nice day. Moreover his order service, shipping and parts match ups shine as well. Blue

Not everything is easier via a phone call, in my opinion. Especially when comparison shopping. That's what I was doing. I wanted to know if they had the same products that I wanted from MikesXS. Was I supposed to call and give him a list of 10 things (some of which I now know they don't carry) but not commit to buying? I think thats a waste of both our time.

An email reply telling me what they do and dont have from my list would have been nice, but again, I got no such reply.

Having someone to help setup a $400 carb set obviously requires a service end, but a business should try to make a sale where ever it can.

Posted via Mobile

but a business should try to make a sale where ever it can.
Posted via Mobile

There are some who believe that the best suppliers build customer satisfaction and loyalty by making the right sale whenever they should. Not "just where ever they can".

To the point: I appreciate that MMM often prefers to have application oriented information before he recommends a product and/or makes a tailored informed sale. Frankly, I've dealt quite often with Mr. Morse and know that I and others greatly appreciate and value his way of doing business when we can.

Besides he sends me M & M's with my order.

We XS 650 guys are lucky to have choice of both types of suppliers and more. Blue

Last edited:
Like I said, I don't plan to avoid shopping at 650Central for the parts that only they carry, and I'm greatful that there are places around that will still give you the time of day if you make the effort.

I just didn't make much of an effort besides two emails and a phone call. :wink2:

Posted via Mobile

Sent email from Hotmail wanting to know if they had the parts I requested (in email).

Waited 24 hours. No reply.

Called, told them my email (in case it was caught in spam filter) and they said they'd look for it.

Waited another 24 hours, sent same email from another address.

No reply.

I'm still going to buy from them, but you'd think a company that has this amount of business could invest in a new website with a shopping cart.

Posted via Mobile

I'm with you on this!

I also emailed him last week about some stuff and hadn't heard anything. Besides with the time difference on the east coast he's only open from like 3pm-8pm over here.

For me I would rather have a printed receipt (or some kind of proof) for something I had bought. So that when things would head south (ie. Mike's Xs questionable direction for a while), and when I have to call my CC card company for something I never received. I can back it up. Plus having had my CC info stolen before, I'd rather not give it out over the phone, because thats how it happened the first time and took me over 6 months to get taken care of. Talk about a pain in the ass!

Personally, I hate having to call to place orders for stuff. Yep, even order my pizza online! LoL...Yes, if something is questionable I'll shoot a call. But thats why I like Mike's XS so much is because there is no question about if something is going to work or not for bike or part fitment etc. due to there detailed descriptions.

What it comes down to is, some people love to call and order stuff and others just like the simple way of doing things and ordering online! But we are in the age of technology, so lets try to embrase it though.

Last edited:
I never send him an email. I just straight call him. He'll give you a straight answer and I don't think he'd take it personally.

I do the same, I dont think Ive ever emailed him, I call them with the part numbers of what I want and couple days later I get M&Ms! oh and some parts

Geez you guys never had a day when you couldn't get it all done. Must be nice.

Well put blue!! A man that values his honor and the trust he builds more than a buck is hard to find.

I've dealt with MMM pretty much exclusively by e-mail on my end.
If he has a question about what I'm trying to achieve he calls.

sidebar:
Bonez there are some days I would like to embrase technology.
No, not just braise it. Build a bonfire with it. :wink2:

So what happened on his end that I sent two emails with no response? I even included my phone number so he could call me.

Posted via Mobile

Here's my experience.

Sent an email to order the 34mm Mikunis, a set of $400 carbs. MMM responded saying he'd give me a call to complete. Never heard back. Bought from Mikes.

Sent an email for fork seals, rotor puller, fork boots, and a Boyer ignition. Never heard back. Bought from Mikes and some dude from Ebay.

Sent another email, TODAY, for a set of fork dust boots and tapered neck bearings. Never heard back.

Called after lunch, didn't even speak to Mike, spoke to some woman who answered. Gave her the part numbers for the fork dust boots and the neck bearings. She wanted $7.50 "handling" plus shipping since the order was under $150?

Have you all had to pay $7 handling? I told her I've been trying to get away from Mikes and they're making it very difficult for me. She got pissed and asked me if I wanted the order or not. I said no.

Thus far, my experience with mikes has been way more conducive towards a speedy build.

I ordered some items for my XS2 and I contacted him by email. It took a day or two but I received an answer from him. I know it may be easier to call for parts but I always speak french. I'm doing not too bad to read or write in english but I never speak it. That's why I like when business like 650central take the time to answer their email.

1 man show..... Mike is a stand up dude, ya'll are just a tad impatient.

I'll go ahead and tell on myself, I have 2 weeks worth of Voicemails sitting waiting on me to listen to... BUT I am also a 1 man show, so you gotta understand just how swamped we are this time of the year... Now if we could only train you guys and gals to build during the WINTER and ride the rest of the time, then spring wouldn't be soo slammed! :thumbsup:

I'll go ahead and tell on myself, I have 2 weeks worth of Voicemails sitting waiting on me to listen to... BUT I am also a 1 man show, so you gotta understand just how swamped we are this time of the year... Now if we could only train you guys and gals to build during the WINTER and ride the rest of the time, then spring wouldn't be soo slammed! :thumbsup:
:agree: I too am a one man show and spend hours a day responding to emails. I always respond within 24hrs but between emails, building exhaust,ordering supplies,keeping stock,cleaning shop,boxing and shipping I'm seeing 14hr days at times :eek: it's tough! Maybe Mike has something personal going on in his life right now? He has always been about customer satisfaction :shrug:

Bro you have the youth and the drive to run a tight ship, and it shows; hell, I was outside in the garage on Saturday, completely finished with the motor save for the PMA, and my roommate opens the door with a package from you....what pleasant timing! That beats a bag of M&Ms any day.

I send you an email? I get a response. Usually within an hour or so.

Can't say the same for MMM.....at all.

i called 650central (first time) to order a electric starter repair kit, a woman answers the phone and says shes on the other line, took down my name and phone number and says she'll call me right back. never heard back... i've never enjoyed having to work for people to take my money, if i'm sitting there with cash in my hand and have to wait to give it to a merchant i usually never go back - just saying.

Look, you guys, you can either be patient and talk to someone who'll take his time with you, share a lot of wisdom, and follow through on tech support, or you can have right-now selling with none of the above. And right, Hugh--one of the biggest irritations in the bike biz is the horde who leave their mods and maintenance until the weather breaks, then mob the shops.

Back