2024 XS650 Calendar Nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.

samoran1

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hey all,

Time to get some calendar discussion going! I am about a month behind as I am as busy as ever so I need your help in getting nominations and the word out to those who want to nominate themselves for the 12th edition of the calendar.

Deadlines for everything will need to be tighter this year as I still want to get out in mid November to avoid holiday delays.

Appreciate all the support over the years!

NOMINATIONS
Up-to (5) nominations
Nominations DO NOT NEED to be seconded! More nominations and no seconds...

PLEASE READ ENTIRE POST:

Post UP TO (5) nominations here in this thread with a picture. Nominations MUST INCLUDE PHOTO AND MEMBER NAME IN POST. Please notify the member you have nominated to accept nomination. NOMINATION PHOTOS DO NOT NEED TO BE HIGH RESOLUTION.

Phase 1: NOMINATIONS - Through October 13th or 30+ Bikes (whichever comes sooner)
Phase 2: VOTING STAGE - TBD
Phase 3:
WINNERS SEND INFO - TBD
Phase 4)
Production>Shipping>Delivery

PHOTO REMINDER:
NOW is a good time to get some nice photos of your bike if you would like to be nominated before riding season is over and the snow falls. If no pictures or contact has been made after a week the next member with the most votes is in so make sure to follow all calendar threads.

PHOTO TAKING NOTES: Most smartphone cameras now take high resolution photos if that is all you have.
1.) Make sure your phone is turned sideways (landscape) when taking photos
2.) Always leave enough background space on all sides. This makes it better when cropping and preparing the layout of the main images. I can be zoom in and crop but can't add background and your bike will get cut off on the page
3.) Please do not use filters as this will degrade the image in all likelihood.
4.) Send the raw camera files (full size image) from phone or camera, nothing from the internet

Nominations - Through October 13th
1. NOMINATE up-to 5 bikes that you'd like to see in the calendar for 2024. Nominee must be a member with their bike/build posted on XS650.com. Remember PHOTO and MEMBER NAME included in nomination post.
2. Contact the bike owner and let them know of the nomination and verify.
3. Nominations must be accepted by owner to be included in the voting thread.
4. You ARE allowed to self nominate

Voting - TBD
1. 24+ bikes with nominations accepted by owner, make it to voting stage.
2. Vote for your favorite 13 bikes (Voting thread)

Calendar Selection Winners - PHOTOS DEADLINE TBD
Selected members will be contacted by me, Shawn, (samoran1) with details of what is needed for calendar via PM and will be asking for an email address to receive photos and information. We will again use a drop box link to upload photos and bios.

As always we will have a pre-sale for those of you who want to ensure your calendar. We will start the Pre-Sale earlier as well so more people are aware. PRE-ORDERS WILL NOT BE SHIPPED UNTIL PRODUCED. We will have banners and links on the site and Facebook for pre-sale and for sale link.

If you Pre-Order you're guaranteed a calendar. After the pre-sale they are first come first serve. Calendars will be limited after the pre-order so order accordingly. Calendars will sell out and there WILL NOT be a re-order.

2023 Calendar
2022 Calendar
2021 Calendar
2020 Calendar
2019 Calendar
2018 Calendar
2017 Calendar
2016 Calendar
2015 Calendar
2014 Calendar
2013 Calendar

I don’t have any members in my immediate area that have seen my build, so guess I will have to self-nominate. 1976 XS650 with 707 big bore kit, handling upgrades, custom exhaust,etc. Sparky4123 (Neil) I have more photos if needed.
IMG_6158.jpeg

Last edited:
I don’t have any members in my immediate area that have seen my build, so guess I will have to self-nominate. 1976 XS650 with 707 big bore kit, handling upgrades, custom exhaust,etc. Sparky4123 (Neil) I have more photos if needed.View attachment 252111
Does clicking a "likey" count as a nomination here? Otherwise I nominate @sparky4123 's restomod.

Thanks for your nice comments guys! So many ways to interpret what is likely one of the most popular bikes of all time. I accept.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back