For Sale - 7" Headlight with HID Bixenon Projector

prodgod

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I made this headlight for the Honda Sabre that I built, but sold the bike, and it just doesn't look right on my new build, so here it is for sale. I have a lot of time and money into building this headlight, so it is sad that I need to sell it. It still needs a little work to get it perfect, but it looks pretty good. The paint needs to be redone, and you can make a shroud for the front to clean it up. All the components I used are OEM parts from high quality cars, not some cheap ebay crap. This headlight gives you better output than a lot of cars do. I rode my Sabre pretty much every night, deep in the country where I live and the output is amazing.

It started out as a 7" sealed beam headlight from an old Honda, but retrofitted a HID bixenon (high and low beam) projector from an 2005 Nissan Murano. In order to make it fit, I needed to cut off the back end of the headlight bucket, then used a piece of PVC pipe to extend the back and finished off by fiberglassing the back to make it all smooth. I also had to thermoform a custom acrylic lense for the front of the headlight. You might be able to see it in some of the pictures, but the lense side of the projector interior was painted red so that at certain angles, the whole lense kind of glows red.
DSCN01591024x697.jpg

DSCN01601024x742.jpg
DSCN01641024x669.jpg

DSCN01581024x768.jpg

DSCN01561024x673.jpg

I flushmounted two 5mm LEDS (one blue and one red) into the top of the bucket as idiot lights (plans were blue for high indicator and red for oil). There are resistors already wired in so you just need to hook them up to whatever you want.
DSCN0161764x1024.jpg

I also have a Denso Slim ballast from a Lexas RX330 (was used in many Toyota and Lexas cars). This is an amazing ballast, very reliable and better than those cheap aftermarket ballasts.
DSCN01461024x741.jpg

Since the ballast was originally mounted in a car under a waterproof cover, I needed to waterproof the ballast to make it safe to be mounted on a motorcycle. To do this, I potted the ballast with some very high quality, professional electrical potting material (NOT JB Weld like some people have done).
DSCN01531024x749.jpg

The bulb is a Phillips 85122+. It is the bulb that is used in the majority of OEM HID setups in cars. It has a low amount of hours on it.
DSCN0170740x1024.jpg

I will even throw in the relay switched wiring harness I made for this so you do not fry your stock wiring harness by connecting the ballast to your stock headlight wiring.
DSCN01481024x752.jpg

Here are some example output shots using the exact bulb and ballast you will get. The headlight is about 25 feet from the wall. I should add that the cutoff shield was painted flat black, this eliminated the small amount of glare this projector put out above the cutoff.

Low Beam
DSCN01711024x767.jpg

High Beam
DSCN01751024x767.jpg

One more upgrade I did to this projector was to swap in a STI replica clear lense and spaced it to give the cutoff a blue/purple color and make the cutoff incredibly sharp.
DSCN01731024x766.jpg

DSCN01781024x721.jpg

Here's the color you see when you are in the colorband of the headlight.
DSCN01771024x767.jpg

These are the only pictures I have of the headlight on my Sabre, and this was before the remake of the lense and bucket.
FrontEndMockUp1.jpg

FrontEndMockUp3.jpg

FrontEndMockUp2.jpg

I would like to get $200 shipped (CONUS) for this whole setup. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Very clever piece of work, good luck with the sale. If it doesn't go on here, try "Do The Ton" this is right up some of those guys street.

Back