70-75 tool kit

CalsXS2

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
Here we go again. :doh: I'm just trying to get some correct info. :D

Here's a kit I just pulled from a 73 750 twin. This has the same part number for 70-75 650's, and 73-74 750's. This bike has been sitting since 84, and it's from an original owner. I believe it to be correct. I paid $20 for it, so I don't think I got hurt. Notice how the bag is what I'm going to call a horizontal bag. It has 2 snap's. And, the tool's go in laying side to side. All the later model bag's that I am seeing are what I'm going to call vertical bag's. They have 1 snap, and the tool's go in standing up. Unfortunately, I'm missing 2 of the wrench's, and the plastic cap off of the screw driver. :( But I have the point's tool. :D

It seems the earlier tool kit's have a 13/17 combo wrench, and the later kit's have a 14/17 wrench. It seems like this started in 76.

full

full

This is the pic that's floating around the site. It's being called a 76 kit. Which I believe to be correct.
full

Here's a 69 kit. It has the horizontal pouch, and the 13/17 combo wrench.
full

Here's my problem. I'm missing the other 2 combo wrench's. I THINK they are supposed to be a 8/10 and a 10/12. But I have been able to find a picture of a known 70-75 kit,,or should I say a 72 for my bike.

DOES ANYONE HAVE A KNOWN 70-75 KIT!! I need to know what else I'm missing.

The tool kit thing comes up from time to time. So if you guy's can confirm, or deny any of my info,,,please feel free to correct me. All this is just my opinion from the research I have done.

Please give some input,,,or better yet post some pic's if you have them.

Oh ya. If anyone has the other wrench's or plastic cap I need let me know. :bike: I'll post a want ad in the classified's.

Back