750 Big Bore Cam Chain Adjuster??

halfmile

XS Builder
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Which cam chain adjuster is used with the large fin BB kit that we all bought?

I will warn you if you have more than 1 XS650 you may have a problem. After you get the 750 kit in and running right if you take one of your other 650s for a ride you will think there is something wrong with it. o_O
A 750 kit makes a huge difference in how it runs.

pretty sure ANY adjuster can be used. Prolly best to stick with type C and up.
The type E is preferred for ease of locking the setting. No matter which you decide on, the rubber sandwich (doughty type) washer as used on the E type is likely to keep things quieter.
5t cam chain adjusters.jpg

Photo courtesy @5twins
5t cam chain adjusters1.jpg

5t cam chain adjusters2.jpg

5t cam chain adjusters3.jpg

5t cam chain adjusters4.jpg

Last edited:
pretty sure ANY adjuster can be used. Prolly best to stick with type C and up.
The type E is preferred for ease of locking the setting. No matter which you decide on, the rubber sandwich (doughty type) washer as used on the E type is likely to keep things quieter.
View attachment 216929

Photo courtesy @5twins
I think it needs to be a Type D or E. You need the cap to seal it. There is nothing for the older style cap to thread to.
1655835626682.png

Yeah, Gary hit the nail on the head....it needs to be a D or E, because while the threaded tensioner from earlier ones (at least my original "C" type) can indeed thread in, I believe it's too long to use with the newer-type acorn nut. I had a pic somewhere of this but can't seem to find the post. Even with the locknut and acorn cap like with the Type E, I believe there's a small gap between the lock nut and the body of the BBK to actually be able to lock it down.

1655859962203.png

Back