77 Bobber/brat build!!

Had some time to work on the bike the past couple of weeks. Got a little bit done. Wet sanded and polished side covers, rear drum, and forks. Which came out good enough for me haha. And got the wiring ALMOST completely done(im not a good electrician). All thats left for wiring is blinkers, headlight, and taillight. Got the batter/electrical box cut and welded up out of 4x8 18G sheet metal, done and painted a deep charcoal metallic grey. Then its off to finish the paint on the tank and run my gas lines, and take her for a spin!!! And last pic is my unpainted bike with my buddys Nightster.

Attachments

• IMG_1446.jpg
    IMG_1446.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_1447.jpg
    IMG_1447.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_1475.jpg
    IMG_1475.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_1476.jpg
    IMG_1476.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 224
Got all the wiring, gas lines, and lighting finished and got her cranked up. All thats left is to paint the tank, which were almost done with. Rattle canning that shit charcoal grey with a teal tear drop on the tank. Gonna spend some decent money to get it painted down the road, I just wanna get it finished for now so I can ride while theres decent weather!

Looks good!! Started right up... Just paint your tank like you want it, hit it with some Spraymax, then wet sand and buff. It'll be good for the long haul....

Vid link didn't work for me so..

Got the rattle can paint job done! Lol fuel lines and sight gauge finished up. Then went took it for a cruise today! Loving it already!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    268.7 KB · Views: 153
Looks and sounds great CaseySmithersxs! Now go ride that damn thing!:bike::D
Oh and don't grin too much or you'll be eatin' some bugs.:laugh:

Looks good. Did you shorten the forks? And how is the ride compared to before the changes? I have a 77 as well and I like that look. I'm concerned about handling and comfort.

Hey mate, was wondering about some details on your electronics box. Did you make it yourself?

Can you take some more details pics of yours, and how your wiring all routes into it?

Spud

Back