Sold / Found / Inactive - 77 xs 650 in Rhode Island

mikem

XS650 Member
Reaction score
For Sale $1,500 -- 1977 XS 650 with 1981 engine and electrics. Runs well, it's nice, but not perfect ... I have a title, although in Rhode Island the ownership is tied to the registration for vehicles over 25 years old. I do have a current RI registration. Extra parts included in the sale.
IMG_6403.JPG
IMG_6406.JPG

Hi Dale,
Tank was repainted about 15 years ago, it has a couple of chips, but no dents and overall looks good. I think it is Dodge Durango Blue, which a friend had leftover from painting a car. It originally had decals, not badges. It has just under 15,000 miles on it.

Not sure how to answer your price question... yes I'm a little flexible, but I think I priced the bike reasonably and don't really feel like giving it away.

I live in Western Cranston, about an hour and a half from Mashpee.

Mike

.....and I just wish that I lived closer and wouldn't have to pay in dollars that are only worth $75 cents US.

very nice looking bike , and at a very realistic price . wish I lived in the U.S , I would be knocking on your door cash in hand .

Here are a couple of pics of the right side. I haven't ridden it much lately, but there are no mechanical issues. Of course it is 40 years old and there is always something to mess around with. The tires on the wire wheels probably should be replaced soon, but I have an extra set of cast wheels with newer tires, and a set of quieter mufflers that go with the bike. I think it has some of the best elements of the 77 and 81, like the 77's carbs and the 81's TCI. I would say you can ride it right away and gradually collect stuff like a better front fender etc. and fix it up as you go.
Or just ride it as is.

Oh, and thanks guys for all the positive comments. I really appreciate it.

Mike
IMG_6409.JPG
IMG_6408.JPG