'77 XS final issues- I am about to get her back on the road

My other daughter was getting lessons yesterday on the little red bike. She had her gear on which may or may not have helped when it tipped over sideways on her while stopped. I guess her foot got caught. Either way, no issues, and I like to think that at least the footwear helped.

At the same time, I am blessed with three kids who love the same things I do. Hunting, shooting, and riding. Their tastes are varied, but they aren't video game drones staring at the TV 24/7.

If you haven't done so, you may want to switch from the original 2 piece clutch pushrod assembly to the long one piece rod. The long rod wiggles side to side less in the seal. It makes the seal's job easier. This may cure your leak without needing to replace the seal again.

My other daughter was getting lessons yesterday on the little red bike. She had her gear on which may or may not have helped when it tipped over sideways on her while stopped. I guess her foot got caught. Either way, no issues, and I like to think that at least the footwear helped.
I wouldn't let them think there was a doubt it save her from a snapped ankle or exhaust burn. To re-enforce that let them look at the "why you don't ride in flip-flops" thread in the lounge.

At the same time, I am blessed with three kids who love the same things I do. Hunting, shooting, and riding.
I hope you/they continue to enjoy those activities for a long time.
obligatory 8 characters

Back