For Sale - '78 for sale $600 Colorado

Kiowa Bill

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the interest. It sold last week. Would have posted sooner but had to wait for payment.
KB

Hi guys.
Got the run-a-round for months and no sale. So she's up for sale again. 1978, under 16,000 miles. Nice and clean. Dent in tank courtesy of a neighbor kid, not bad. Stripped sparkplug hole. Have correct, complete, replacement head. Been sitting for 4 years now. Besides changing the heads it probably needs the carbs re-built. Price is pretty firm. Hope the pics come through, having fits here trying to post. Old dog, new tricks I guess. If they don't get through I'll try again later.
full
full

Pictures didn't make it.

You should be able to add at least $600 more value to your '78 by getting it to run. Start by taking it to an automotive machine shop (or any good mechanic) and having a Helicoil (or similar thread repair) done to your existing head. Because it's aluminum and the swarf from cutting new threads will be minimal, the head doesn't need to be removed - although it's a good idea to grease the tap to capture as much crap as possible.

Carburetors probably don't need to be rebuilt, just cleaned; which might be possible with them on the bike by filling the bowls with a mix of SeaFoam cleaner and gas and letting it soak for a day or two. Or, you can buy a set of working carburetors for under $100 (here) and have the thing running easily.

Once it's running, you might even decide to keep it.

Bill

I've sent him a PM but haven't gotten a response. I'm in Colorado with cash in hand in he reads this.

Posted via Mobile

Not a bad lookin' bike to have in the driveway...

Back