Make Offer - '79 xs650 bob/chop

loradoxs

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Well I'd like to sell my motorcycle if the right price came along. This bike has been hard on me and my family for a variety of reasons that I'd love to share with you, just not right now. My loss is your gain...

1979 xs650 bobber/chopper

It is a kick start only, but still has the starter attached so it wouldn’t be too hard to get that set up. Yes it has a clean title.

All the welding was professional done MIG or TIG.

Below are some of the details:

Engine top end recently rebuilt
Carbs recently rebuilt
Rebuilt forks
New Avon Speedmaster front tire
New Avon MK II rear tire
Pamco High Output Electronic Ignition Kit
G&L Chopper’s hardtail, which was welded on by them
New Regulator/Rectifier
TC Bros fake oil bag electrical box
TC Bros battery box
TC Bros solo seat mounting kit with 3” springs
Bung King T-bar set
Bates style headlight
Monstercraftsman chain tensioner
Chopper style stop tail light
Smooth black vinyl solo seat as a spare
King/Queen chopper seat (priceless)
Sportster gas tank
Chrome rectangular chopper mirror

Also New:
Petcock
Gas tank cap
Braided brake lines
Wiring
Other odds and ends

You also get with it:
A spare parts engine (an '80)
A spare set of wheels (and the old tires on it)
A spare frame (that hasn't been hardtailed), although this frame doesn't have a title.
Other odds and ends

The down sides of this bike:
1) Paint Job: It was done by me with spray paint. It isn’t the best but it’ll do.
2) Rear brake needs to be bleed or something. The front works great, I just couldn’t get all the air out of the rear brake.

It runs great. Starts right up, no smoke, no weird idle or anything. I replaced the stator on it with the stator from the spare engine and now it's charging great.

Now I can't give it away but I really would sell it for the right price. Feel free to ask any questions. I live in Boulder, CO.

Below are a couple photos of the bike, one of the spare engine for parts, one of the spare frame and wheels, and one of the solo seat.

Any and all offers welcomed.

Thanks.

Attachments

• bike-final2.jpg
    bike-final2.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 207
  • GEDC2459.jpg
    GEDC2459.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 200
  • spare-engine.jpg
    spare-engine.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 124
  • spare-frame-and-wheels.jpg
    spare-frame-and-wheels.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 129
  • spare-solo-seat.jpg
    spare-solo-seat.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
A potential buyer backed out, so it's still available. Let me know if anyone has any questions.

thanks.

Loradoxs. Feel free to shoot me a PM on what price you are looking to get out of this bike. I may be interested.
-
Thanks

Loradoxs, I've seen on craigslist for a little while... may be interested if the price is right. I've shot you a pm also with a question or two... lets see what we got.

Loradoxs is good to go. I shot him a couple PM's and he was quick to respond and a very easy guy to deal with. I'm gonna bump this one to the top for him. I just wish this one was in KS. To the top for another look!