79mm pistons

jay760

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
Just bought a box of xs parts, and found some 79mm barrels and 1 omega 79mm piston, has anybody heard of these or pistons this size? The piston fits the 256 rods,

I don't know about the Omega piston. I think Hoos Racing has 750 cc pistons that fit the 256 rods. You could use those cylinders on the 447 engine. Mike's has 81 mm pistons, 1 overs for the 750 kits.
Leo

Trying to work out a cheap way of doing a 750, got 256 and 447 crank shafts, 79mm barrels without enough to take to 80mm, and 1 piston

Just bought a box of xs parts, and found some 79mm barrels and 1 omega 79mm piston, has anybody heard of these or pistons this size? The piston fits the 256 rods,

Hi Jay

Was that the plastic crates of bits that the guy in the auction hall at Shepton Mallet had for sale as "make an offer"?

Started to look through them myself if it was, but couldn't be bothered with lugging it all back to the car park :D

Saving myself and my cash for Stafford :thumbsup:

Yes it was, there was some decent stuff in there, set of crank cases with the starter hole welded over, and a nice ported head with the chamber flowed as well.

Check with Hoos racing, they do the 750 kits for the 256 engines they might have the right size pistons. I think I might use the 447 crank. The 256 rods tend to be a bit weaker on the small ends.
Talk to Hoos.
Leo

Back