"8.1:1 Memorial Patch" ??

Barb

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

A couple of us have been talking about a memorial patch, remembering XSJohn. I love the idea of using John's mantra of 8.1:1 as being almost a cure-all for XS troubles, and I think it could be the basis for a patch.

Several folks have expressed an interest, and if there is sufficient desire for a small patch, I will find a source and get a price quote. My women's riding/camping group has nice patches with "year" patches that are quite small, and I can get a price from our source. Of course it would be non-profit, sold for the cost of the patch and postage.

John was such a character, and so knowledgeable about our XS's that it seems the least we can do. So---anyone officially interested? Post here and we'll make it happen.

Let me know, OK?

Thanks!

- come up with a design...something like this could be done, stitched black on a white, or any other colour, background, where the 8.1:1 is block stitched, the borders of XS and of the shape patch itself not so bold, or white on black...:shrug::bike:

P8110138.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in, Ill pay the extra for postage...............expanding on INXS's design...............have JU where the XS is and ad the XS to the front of the 8.1:1 ..................Or have the XS higher and the 8.1:1 below............ (Or we could just have a series of dots LOL)......................What size are you thinking barb ?

Hi Guys,

(John would love all these dots.....)

OK, I will check with a friend who does patches and with whom I will be riding/camping this weekend. Early next week I will post about cost and turn-around time, and we can get serious about a design.

I like the circle, the 8.1:1 is essential, and I like both "XS" and John's initials incorporated in it. Any more ideas?

This is neat. Next week, next month, next year it could be any of us, and as my Gramma used to say, "As long as you are remembered, you aren't really gone."

Make it like this with the X and the S bigger and in color. Inxs design not visually pleasing. Otherwise I like him :)

8 X 1 S 1

i always.....when I refer to him.....not poking fun.......just a reminder of a quirk......

I've been trying to do some customising to this tag, it's a early Yamaha logo. But my editing skills are pretty low! I was trying to change the text to something appropriate, any takers????

I thought leave the Yamaha, add xsjohn on 1 side & 8.1:1 on the other?? :cheers:

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 172
I know a few graphic artists who owe me favours if we need design -> file for the patch guy help. Let me know via IM if you want to do that, and i'll see who i can shanghai into it.

Hi Guys,

Sundie, by all means, if you can get a design by a pro that would be great. My friend Bonnie is figuring out a cost, but without a design a cost is hard to come up with. She can work from a file---that would be perfect.

We have several suggestions for a design, and I think that's great! However, we can only do one, and personally, I think it should be like John himself: straight to the point, no BS, no frills.

I did like this one:

XSJohn
8.1:1
R.I.P.

Only I would add dots:

.....R.I.P......

Comments? More ideas? I wonder what John would think of all this? Probably "...just pick a design.....no big deal......and lower the comp.....engine will last forever!"

When we settle on a design, I will open a thread just for orders, get a quantity, and get them made. I want this to work, Guys. John earned it.

Hi Guys,

Let's see:

No, I don't have a Paypal account, but I have a good friend who does.

The more voices we get regarding the design, the better, even if it is only agreeing or disagreeing.

I'll find out what format Bonnie needs to produce the final product, after which I can find out the cost, the mailing, and post a total.

Progress, Guys. I like it, and I think John would be pleased.

Okay, so i've agreed to some worshiping time for a friend of mine who's an excellent artist. She's agreed to take a few pokes at it, based on http://www.xs650.com/forum/showpost.php?p=30732&postcount=13 , replacing the text with
XSJohn on the left
8.1:1 on the right
.....R.I.P...... across the bottom
in basic either black on white or white on black.

She still needs to know the format before she begins though.

Back