"8.1:1 Memorial Patch" ??

Okay, so i've agreed to some worshiping time for a friend of mine who's an excellent artist. She's agreed to take a few pokes at it, based on http://www.xs650.com/forum/showpost.php?p=30732&postcount=13 , replacing the text with
XSJohn on the left
8.1:1 on the right
.....R.I.P...... across the bottom
in basic either black on white or white on black.

She still needs to know the format before she begins though.

I like the design with the tuning forks in the center. It has my vote.

a friend of mine who's an excellent artist.
She still needs to know the format before she begins though.

No she doesn't. She can work in whatever format is good for her and then convert it to whatever format the patch maker wants, last step. Unless maybe she's working in Windows Paint and the patch guy wants Autocad :)

No she doesn't. She can work in whatever format is good for her and then convert it to whatever format the patch maker wants, last step. Unless maybe she's working in Windows Paint and the patch guy wants Autocad :)

Whilst i am not a graphic designer, i *do* know that there are differences between things like CMYK/RGB/bit depth/etc. And output format changes how you do things in design. And *because* i'm not a graphic designer, if she asks for the final output type because she feels she needs it, i'm not going to argue with her, especially when she's doing it for free. :D I hate when people do that to me, so i try to not do it to anyone else.

Hi Guys,

I talked with Bonnie and she says ".dst" format----whatever that means. CMYK I understand from my years owning a printshop: Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black---for process color....but have no idea how it applies to computers. Nor do I know what .DST means, but that's what Bonnie said, and she should know.

Sundie, does that make any sense? (Please let it make sense.....)

I love all of the participation here. Sundie, please let me know if somehow I misinterpreted what Bonnie needs, or what your friend can work with, OK?

Sounds like a good, simple, workable design is coming around.....

Thanks, Guys!

I agree with Jayel, also not sure about the 8.1:1, as I thought it was just 8:1?

How about something like this?

Attachments

• 81yamahalogo.jpg
    81yamahalogo.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 188
I like the idea of the .....'s. They should be done at the end only. John used them to leave one train of thought to another......

8.1:1
XSJOHN
RIP........

Well this is what i come up with.......agree with Jayel about the RIP

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 201
Hi Guys,

I talked with Bonnie and she says ".dst" format----whatever that means. CMYK I understand from my years owning a printshop: Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black---for process color....but have no idea how it applies to computers. Nor do I know what .DST means, but that's what Bonnie said, and she should know.

Sundie, does that make any sense? (Please let it make sense.....)

I went and looked it up, and it's the specific format for the machine that does the embroidery to use.

So, two options: my friend is totally willing to call the manufacturer (Bonnie?) and make this conversation much faster. Barb, can you IM me her number?

-Or- we could keep double middle manning it. :D

basically, my person needs to know what formats Bonnie can import.

I just cleaned up Skull's last one, curved the lettering and stuff. I saved all the layers. I'd be happy to work on it some more if anyone has any more ideas, but I really like the simplicity of this one. I also inverted it:

Attachments

• XSJOHN_001.jpg
    XSJOHN_001.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 174
  • XSJOHN_002.jpg
    XSJOHN_002.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 185
I reconstructed the whole thing in Photoshop. It's clean, the lines are all smooth, so no issues with the manufacturer on that end.

Back