'81 Fresh meat

Shabazzz

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Hello, New member, first bike, first post.

Image12082012164003.jpg

Just paid off, title in hand, runs gorgeous, 12,500 miles, all receipts including gas with mileage noted, two work manuals and has been fully documented. The bad, Shes been dropped, I need a speedo, speedo cable, head light assembly from the ears all the way to the ring.
In Arizona mirrors and turn sigs aren't necessary so deleting. Wanna go single seat and simpler handle bars. I'm sure tastes will evolve as I lurk the boards. Buddy said that forums are his greatest source of inspiration for a project, so giving this a shot. will update with progress.

Kevin

Any of the 85 mph speedos will fit. New cables can be gotten from Mike's XS, 650central or Ebay.
New headlight ears can be gotten at the same places as the cable.
If getrting new ears you can use most any headlight bucket that uses side mounts. It doesn't need to be an XS650 bucket. Most of the XS buckets are pretty much the same but some are chrome and others painted the same as the tank and side covers.
Leo

welcome,
sounds like you have a solid ride that's been taken care of. i wouldn't worry too much about the drop. mostly cosmetic and would likely been swapped out anyways.

i have drag bars on my '81 and i like the feel. lots of choices out there...

Thanks guys, Tiss the season, wont be able to drop funds till the new year. Still plenty to keep busy though.

Yeah thats an oil cooler, need new lines though.

Image12082012164012.jpg

Image12082012164025.jpg

Image12092012082338.jpg

also a 3 ring binder chock full of related magazine articles.

Back