For Sale - 82 Heritage Special $1800.00 ONO

gggGary

If not now, When?
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Showing 12K miles.

Fresh (semi) pro paint on a very nice cleaned and lined tank and no cracks side covers.

Rebuilt factory vacuum petcock with new parts, no leaks. new rubber seal on gas cap.
Rebuilt carbs with new parts and new OEM throttle shaft seals. adjusted and synched.
Charging and ignition system are 100% functional with new brushes and new plugs.
New battery.
Fully overhauled front brakes with new piston in the caliper. all other brake parts are original.
Good chain.
New clutch push rod seal.
Cam chain valves set. complete good factory air boxes/ filters.
Tires have good tread but are old.
155 both sides.
It still needs a bottom filter done.
A bit of polishing, painting, general spruce up, but no show quality work.
All electrics function as they should.
Nice handle bar mounted choke.
Will consider removing/swapping to less fancy parts you don't need if you want to butcher it up.

Wheels are pretty good but need some polish spokes have some rust.
This would be a nice easy daily rider, slow spiff up as you have time, money bike.
It has both the lower side covers matching lock security chain is in place. This bike is not perfect but it's ready to ride. Shifts perfect, clutch works great, steering and swing arm have factory parts but still smooth and tight. It has some too light rear shocks on it now I will swap them back to some clean stockers. Wife was going to make this her bike this year but has changed her mind and will ride the 750 shadow again.
I have a set of pretty good tank, side covers with the correct heritage special badges if you would rather have those.

View attachment 28731

View attachment 28732

Email for my contact info.
I'll wait (just) a bit before this hits Craigslist.

No "safety check" needed here. AFAIK New tires and I need to make the horn work. You tell me what else they check I'll tell you how it would do.