For Sale - 82 xs650

maxpower3

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not dead-set on selling this thing, but I'm approaching the end of my rope and I'd like to see if I can break even here.

I've got an '82 Yamaha xs650 that I'm obviously interested in selling.

What it's got, basically:
- TC Bros. hardtail (professionally welded on)
- Biltwell Keystone bars with Lowbrow low-profile grips and choke control
- TC Bros. sideways license plate holder w/ cat-eye light
- Accufast seat pan (bare metal) w/ beehive springs
- Brand new tires -- Avon front, Shinko rear (or vice versa, can't remember). Don't even have one mile on them.
- Ardcore Choppers 'half-popped' pipes wrapped w/ black wrap. I think their Chicago bike has them, just for reference
- TC Bros. fake oil bag/battery box
- Lowbrow pre-made wiring harness. Was going to run kick start with headlight and brake light. I also bought a universal brake switch from Lowbrow for the rear brake.
- Sportster tank (painted matte black)
- Harley highway pegs (mid controls) attached to exhaust mounts
- TON of extra parts -- original headers, shocks, swingarm, side covers, etc. I've even got a dirtbike swingarm with monoshock setup that the prior owner had on it.

The bad:
- The bike isn't wired. I've got the Lowbrow harness, I just haven't had time to hook it up yet. And I probably won't if I end up selling this thing. That'll be your problem now.
- The idle screw on the carbs is broken off. I posted in the Garage. I don't know if it can be repaired but I've got the part that the previous owner JB welded on and i unwitting knocked off.

I've learned a ton about bikes and welding by 'building' this thing. Only reason I'm even considering selling is because I'm not exactly heavy on funds and I can't continue throwing money at this thing.

Anyway, I'm not trying to hide anything, so if you've got a question, PM me and I'd be happy to talk.

I bought it for $1600 about a year ago. I've put about another $800 to $1000 in the parts listed above. I'd like to get $2500 out of this, all parts and everything included.

EDIT: Carbs pulled in the pic, I'm stilll trying to fix the idle screw. Location is Abq, NM.

Attachments

• P1010908.jpg
    P1010908.jpg
    294.6 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
Back