A couple new shop toys.... Just need to learn how to TIG now

Patches

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
Well fellas, I'm pretty excited about this one. I have been selling off bikes to purchase a TIG and I found a deal I couldn't pass up. I still need to get a couple more sold to recoup the expense, but we'll get there. It's a Miller Syncrowave 200 w/ Coolmate 4, 25' leads, WP20 water cooled torch and some other little upgrades.

I played a little with it tonight but didn't have any filler rod. A buddy of mine and I are talking about taking a class at the Wichita Area Technical School to better learn how to TIG (self taught thus far) and get some experience on different machines. I was surprised at how much control you have with the foot pedal.

398294649.jpg

I also got ahold of a Protools 105 bender with Swag Offroad air over hydraulic kit. Next stop: Frame jig!

398294648.jpg

My buddy owns a tow lot and a drunk lady wrecked this Puch riding on a registration from 1995. It sat in his lot for months and she decided that the fees were worth more than the moped. He just gave it to me for shits and giggles. Runs great. Bad to the bone...:thumbsup:

398294647.jpg

Also, just for the hell of it here's a pic of a bike I'm building for a friend of a friend. Still have a lot to do, but I think it's going to be a cool little bar hopper. He's picking a lot of the options and I'm just giving the bike some direction and building it. It's not everyone's cup of tea but some will like it. The tins will be gloss black with gloss white accent color, and the frame will be powder coated black too. I'm doing all of the work in house except for the powder. I just bought an Eastwood gun but don't have an oven big enough for a frame. I'll probably just stick to doing small parts.

398294650.jpg

I do this all as a hobby, but it helps keep me sane and gives me something to do on the nights and weekends. I've had a couple forum members swing by the shop and check out what's going on. It's always good to bullshit with fellow XSers. Some guys were needing small parts here and there so I try to help out however I can. One member even brought me a six pack of Bud heavy. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Patches I have always respected you man, you are always here and bringing positivity to the board. I like what you have done so far, can't wait to see what you come out with.

TIG welding opens up the entire field of what is capable.

I can't even imagine trying to get anything done without mine. Very cool pickup!
Sky

Patches I have always respected you man, you are always here and bringing positivity to the board. I like what you have done so far, can't wait to see what you come out with.

Agreed! Now go have some fun with that bender!

BTW, Check out Briton Bees - he builds some badass mopeds, and that Puch is a ripe candidate for a sweet lil' build...

Back