A little Cleveland Voodoo

A little more progress this weekend. I made a sweet little fixture to align the backbone in the frame jig, since the very last step is going to be welding in the stock steering head. Its a slip fit about a foot into the backbone ID and a slip fit over the steering head fixture. Pretty much just a lot of measuring and re-measuring, checking and double checking, cut a couple tacks, re-tacked a couple other things. A couple little tweaks here and there. It was really helpful pre-tacking some of the pieces since I one have two hands. Pretty much just taking my time, but more progress this week.......stay tuned

photo-78.jpg

photo-80.jpg

photo-79.jpg

photo-81.jpg

Okay... Here's what I want to know...

Exactly what company do you hire to clean your shop man!!!! Freakin' hell! :eek:

I'm F'n loving this dropseat frame Dave. I think I'm going to drink a beer and just stare at it for awhile. :D

Posted via Mobile

Really just taking my time. As of today everything is finished tacked and within .2 degrees of parallel and perpendicular. Every measurement is dead on. No tubes were forced or clamped into place for tacking. I took my time and made sure everything just laid into place. Hoping to have the downtube and neck gusset all lined up and in place tomorrow or Friday.

photo-82.jpg

Made some more progress the past couple days. I lined up and tacked in the neck gusset and downtube. All that is left is to fit the lower frame rails and gusset to the downtube, install the seat rail, then finish weld this thing, pull it off the jig for a couple days, then back into the jig to be fitted to the stock steering head. The theme of this whole frame build has been measure, re-measure, double check, just take my time and dont rush. So far Im super happy with the lines of the frame. I have a basket case motor that I will be stripping and cleaning the cases to use as a fixture for my motor mounts.
photo-87.jpg

photo-88.jpg

photo-84.jpg

photo-85.jpg

photo-83.jpg

amature hour, my ass! that looks sweet!
do you have a website for your leather work? Ive got a cheap bates style in vinyl i'de like leathered.

Ok... So I've welded a little. Def still amateur status. No website yet. You can PM, email, or call me 440-799-1836

Posted via Mobile

Day two of finish welding. Welding the tubing in 1/4 from tack to tack, moving around and not welding where the frame is hot. Honestly it cools off pretty quick. I think im about five hours into it. Welding your own frame is no joke.

photo-91.jpg

I like it clean. Hell I even have shit to make it smell good. Honestly I just clean up everytime I work. I take pride in my leather work, my bikes, and my neatness.

Posted via Mobile

Back