About Pamco/auto with cap

Mikeyoung1138

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been running my Pamco/auto advance for awhile with a capacitor why does it say that you can't do it on Mikesxs and tcbrothers any info more then just just a warning .i picked up the auto advance when it first came out

Mikey....,

If you search for problems with the PAMCO and a PMA setup, especially with the capacitor, you will find lots of threads that generally result in the PMA, voltage regulator, capacitor or a tiny battery being the problem rather than the PAMCO as there are a lot of ways to screw up the installation of the PMA. It's possible that MikesXS and TCBros are taking the easy way out by not recommending the E-Advancer with their PMA. In the case of MikesXS I believe that their issue is the new capacitor that they have just introduced.

However, as you and many others have found, you can run the PAMCO E-Advancer with a PMA and capacitor if the installation is done right.

So, please describe your setup including the brand names of all the components so that others may be guided in the right direction.

I got the Pamco with e advance when it first came out( before warnings)and the pma from miles xs with the capacitor from tcbrothers it worked fine for months no problem three kicks in the morning one after that but I let my bike sit for about a year I think my capacitor went bad gonna check in the morning other then that it all seems like a very good combo thanks Pamco Pete for the info great product easy to install works great !!

Back