advanced unit c clips

son of hans

XS650 Member
Reaction score
So I removed the c clips ( I think that's what they're called) that hold the advance unit arms in. When putting it back together I realized they stretched out and don't hold tight or at all. Can I get new ones of these? Will new ones just stretch as well? Newbie here so thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2696.jpg
    IMG_2696.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 212
E clips do like to stretch, can be bent back, mikes has new ones I am sure there is a standard eclip size that works but don't know off hand what size that is.

Auto Advance Spring & Clip Set XS650
Auto Advance Spring & Clip Set XS650 Photo Auto Advance Spring & Clip Set - Is your Ignition going to full advance at low

RPM? This is the solution. Replacement Spring & Clip set replaces worn or

broken stock parts & restores proper ignition timing advance rate.

OEM Reference #
• 256-81654-10-00

Part #14-0651 $6.95 USD Set

Probably some in here will work.

http://www.harborfreight.com/300-piece-e-clip-assortment-67653.html

Very recently I needed advance weight e-clips and I went to ACE hardware. The e-clips they had were all SAE (not metric) and therefore were the wrong size and wouldn't work, but they did have some snap rings that worked perfectly.

5CE35_AS02.jpg

This is a snap ring. The ones that worked were EXTREMELY tiny -- the smallest ones they offered. I didn't need snap-ring pliers, I just pushed them onto the post. Work great and highly recommended.

I know this is an old thread but I replaced a broken clip with one of same size from lowes... I guess it wasn't as strong as oem. mid ride I heard a noise and bike died. the advance assembly just came apart.

Attachments

• IMG_6665.JPG
    IMG_6665.JPG
    184.9 KB · Views: 73
Back