Aftermarket Front MotorMount

I don't have these in chromoly yet, I'm not sure if I will be doing so. One of the misconceptions about chromoly is about it's weight. When you compare chromoly to mild steel of the same thickness, they (basically) weigh the same. Where you save weight is in the fact that because chromoly is a harder material, you can use a thinner piece and maintain the same strength. In this situation, however, it would not me practical. The front mount tubes are 1" in diameter because that is what seemed to fit the frame well, and they are drilled to accept the stock hardware. I would have to continue to use similar dimensions, and chromoly would not be any lighter. I could use chromoly for the webbing, but I would probably still use 3/16" because 1/8" would look flimsy. So when I look at all that, I don't see any reason to use chromoly. I appreciate the though, though.

OK! Well, I've got 8 motormounts available for sale now.

5 of them are tapped for M10-1.25.

3 of them have a clearance hole for stock hardware.

Please send me an email (NOT instant message-I need to set some sort of priority list) and I will give you a paypal account to pay, and I will ship it out as soon as I confirm payment.

reply sent 1 metric tapped please .

OK. So I've updated quantities that I have on hand now (sold a couple). As you may have noticed, the prices have been updated as well now that I know how long they take, and how much the materials cost.

I've been playing with the idea of making the tubes in three pieces- tubing in the middle, and threaded (or unthreaded) bar-stock at the ends. This would make them lighter (probably even lighter than the stock mount), but would increase prices again (since there'd be additional machine and weld time). Anybody have any interest in something like that?

Last edited:
Good. Glag you like it. Let me know if you have any issues with it, but I'm sure it will fit great. Post some pictures when you get it mounted, too. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I've been messing around with Logo ideas, and lightening the mototmount. What do you think of this?

MotorMountLightenedwithEWLogo_zps8b513768.jpg

Check it out. New, LIGHTER version! This thing will turn heads.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1386741223946.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386741223946.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 229
  • uploadfromtaptalk1386741243315.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386741243315.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 219
Yep, these are under the holiday special, and yes I do PayPal. I can have one ready to ship by Friday.
Regular price is $115, but with the special, they are $92 plus shipping.

Send me an email with our name (as well as your username-helps me keep track of things) and shipping address to SPiNNeR@ErisWerks.com and I'll get one started for you.
As soon as I have it ready to ship, I'll send PayPal info and ship it as soon as I receive payment.

Ok cool thanks TRS, it is great what you are providing to the forum:thumbsup: I will get you an email by years end, I hear your quick and I have to get this Christmas shopping for the girls done first. I will be ordering the new lightened model with the 10mm threaded holes, definitely a good looking piece :bow: I like the logo idea also could I just get a speed hole (lighting hole) in the side plates not to big to compromise structural integrity but enough to provide the look instead of a logo possibly similar to what the rear mounts have?

Also with your skills have you thought about about making a simple top mount of just one piece per side like we have seen on some build here? A nice clean minimalistic one piece with some speed holes for the stock frame you would probably get me on that one also.

That way the 3 locations top, front, and rear of motor mounts would look very similar in material thicknes and design approach like one would think they would be, at least from my street tracker perspective.

Back