AGM battery not holding charge, gets hot

Shiver me Timbers!! Now that's one Bad Ass Battery!! Arrrrrrr.

Scorpions are also cool....

Last edited:
I bought a motocross 210 CCA from batterystuff was supposed to be made Yusa crapted out 1 year. The big crank has more power and is a lot better Quality.

Will be getting my Big Crank today via FedEx. :rock:

This will be my first AGM. Any prep work to be done or are they "plug & play"?

I dont think lead acids are to bad if you buy a good one. I think a big part of mine lasting 5 years already is solid state voltage regulator. And my e start is shot so i always kick. Havent even had to add water

When I bought the battery I also bought a battery tender plus charger. The AGM battery needs a different charger than the lead acid. The battery was charged when I got it. The battery tender will maintain a full charge when your not riding.

Thanks, scabber.

I've got a Battery Tender Plus (1.25 Amp, Model 021-0128 I think), but tend to use my BatteryMinder Plus (1.33 Amp, Model 12117) more often for my lead acid battery that I have on another bike.

Hopefully, one or both of these will work fine with my new battery. I'll have to look into this....

I don't understand what is the need for battery minders or battery tenders? Don't you lads ever drive your bikes on the road? If you drive your bike once a week or even once every two weeks, the bike's charging system will keep the battery fully charged. If your bike's charging system can't do that, then you should find out why, and correct the problem.

If the bike is in storage for the winter, then yes remove the battery to a warm area and charge it occasionally. During riding season, you should never require any external charging of the battery.

As always - Salient points, rg.

In my case, I'm in a perpetual state of disassembly, rebuild, stasis, modification and repair - so my batteries sit around for extended periods of time waiting patiently... I can move them into the warm and out of my chilly garage....

:)

Back