Air compressor

q1.jpg

I stole this beast off Craigslist for $300 including the magnetic motor starter. Quincy 5hp 220 belt drive. Replaced an oilless Crapsman that I swapped an old mobile home axle for.

Just a tip from my friend who sells and repairs compressors. He told me I should always plug the compressor into an outlet and never use an extension cord. I suppose this wouldn’t be the case if you had a short 14 ga or longer 12 ga cord. He said the majority of repairs he does to smaller compressors are the result of people using an under rated extension cord, so to keep it simple he says to only plug into the receptacle.

Just a tip from my friend who sells and repairs compressors. He told me I should always plug the compressor into an outlet and never use an extension cord. I suppose this wouldn’t be the case if you had a short 14 ga or longer 12 ga cord. He said the majority of repairs he does to smaller compressors are the result of people using an under rated extension cord, so to keep it simple he says to only plug into the receptacle.

Are these Air compressors possible to repair generally.
I can get one for free or $ 5
It is what I hear not Building pressure more than to pump car Tires .
Have no idea at the moment ... what can be the cause -- It is old .
The motor is on 3 phase ..So it is not of the smallest sort.
Please tell if any experience Is it a lost cause waste of time and money trying to do it.

re these Air compressors possible to repair generally.
Generally they are repairable if parts available (many adaptable, generic possible). Many have a reed valve - similar to 2-stroke bike - that just need it or the gasket replaced to make a seal and build psi.

Generally they are repairable if parts available (many adaptable, generic possible). Many have a reed valve - similar to 2-stroke bike - that just need it or the gasket replaced to make a seal and build psi.
Thank You Sir

Back