Air filter Question!!!

Lee Harvey Griswold

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Fellas, Got an interesting situation that happened this afternoon when I went to mount my pod filters! The carbs are 38s and Im using the Emgo filters, but after my bike received the drop seat hardtail there is not enough room between the top tubes and the carbs to get my filters on! So does anyone have any suggestions where a guy can maybe get some offset adapters either with a 90 or 45 to push away from the frame tubes! I was thinking about maybe trying the offset oval K&N's! And also wanted to ask you guys where does one get those filters that look to be metal and are bell shaped? (not sure of the proper name). But thought those might fit also!

Thanks as always,

LHG

You might try the plumbing section of the hardware store. They might have 45 or 90 degree elbows the right size to fit the air filters and be the same size as the bell on the carb. Then you just need a short peice of radiator hose the right size to fit the elbow to the carb.

You can also use the rubber carb boots and put a sleeve in to space out the boot for the pods to attach. Mine was so hard that I didn't need a sleeve,but I used UNI socks. lha

Uni Filters make an air filter with an elbow built into the mount.
I don't recall the item number but just look it up on thier site.
Leo

Back