Wanted - alt. rotor

volcom8877

reckless and relentless
Reaction score
is there anyone out there in xs land with a alternator rotor years 80 on up. im pretty sure mine is all but dead. i checked the brushes and stator. they are both fine but the rotor is bad so says the volt meter. intern my battery goes good for couple days and then all but is dead.

Are you saying you are not getting 5.3 ohms across the two slip rings? Then you are right it is toast. Much below 5 ohms or infinity are both signs it died. Used is rather a crap shoot and dead rotors are common. $120ish for new/ rebuilt or the newly available complete charging system upgrade for about 360 are your two best choices.

yes gary 5.3 on the rings but everting else works amazing and i think your right i should just spend the 120 or so on a rebuilt one. its funny how the motors can take the biggest beating in these xs but the charging systems are not up to snuff. if yamaha would have figured that out i think the whole bike would be bullet proof. i still think there the best twin motors out there tho

Now I am confused, if you have 5.3 your rotor is fine, the problem lies elsewhere and this thread needs to go to the garage. :wink2:

Back