Alternative callipers and 320mm discs???

Eugene

Getting There.
Reaction score
https://roguemotorcycles.com.au/products/yamaha-xs750-big-brake-kit
Saw this for the XS750 and thought it would be an easy change on the 650 as I believe the calliper mounts are the same.
I have asked if they will fit the wire wheels. They obviously haven’t tried and I’m dubious as to whether there’s enough clearance.
I do think they look nice.

Attachments

• B7D661E4-DAA6-423A-9145-0E51FD6C774D.jpeg
    B7D661E4-DAA6-423A-9145-0E51FD6C774D.jpeg
    743.9 KB · Views: 22
  • D9DF6183-4F8C-410F-B8FE-5A0BDDBBB49A.jpeg
    D9DF6183-4F8C-410F-B8FE-5A0BDDBBB49A.jpeg
    609.8 KB · Views: 19
  • EDC3B827-4B91-4951-BA90-4CC5CD4C3D8F.jpeg
    EDC3B827-4B91-4951-BA90-4CC5CD4C3D8F.jpeg
    677.1 KB · Views: 17
I can make you a real deal on this...
KIMG5835.JPG
Oops I'm in the USA but the Yamaha genisis 1000 uses nice light dual 320mm rotors with 4 piston calipers. Haven't checked stem length for a whole front end swap.
And yes caliper/spoke clearance is often an issue. Guy were filing the back corner off Brembo calipers to clear the spokes.
:twocents: this will get you 90% of the way there with MUCH lower cost.
front brakes madness.jpg

300mm rotors from later 600 750 Yamahas, stock calipers with quality pads. Done
One advantage to dual disks is they won't twist the noodly XS forks like a powerful single caliper will under hard braking.

That's a lot of brakes on 34 or 35mm diameter forks. I don't know what the quality of those Chinese calipers is like. They're very cheap to buy.
Interesting thought. Spaghetti fork legs 🤣🤣🤣.
Yes those callipers can be obtained at a good price. They read up well on their web site. Be nice to hear if anyone has used the Adelin callipers.

Interesting thought. Spaghetti fork legs 🤣🤣🤣.
Yes those callipers can be obtained at a good price. They read up well on their web site. Be nice to hear if anyone has used the Adelin callipers.
Depends if you want everyone knowing you've cheaped on the brake calipers for your ride!

If you don't mind me asking, the 280mm discs mounted to the XS650 hub. What bike are they originally for, are they direct bolt on fitting for an XS650? Thanks.

Depends if you want everyone knowing you've cheaped on the brake calipers for your ride!

If you don't mind me asking, the 280mm discs mounted to the XS650 hub. What bike are they originally for, are they direct bolt on fitting for an XS650? Thanks.
Cheap and cheerful. Means more beer money 🤗
The front discs were, as said above, Chinese ones which are now unavailable. Can’t remember the name off hand (Lifan) but they were sourced from one of the chats on this site. I’ve had them for about 5 years now. Not done huge miles but they do work, seem to be wearing ok, are lighter than standard and look better too.

Cheap and cheerful. Means more beer money 🤗
The front discs were, as said above, Chinese ones which are now unavailable. Can’t remember the name off hand (Lifan) but they were sourced from one of the chats on this site. I’ve had them for about 5 years now. Not done huge miles but they do work, seem to be wearing ok, are lighter than standard and look better too.
Sorry, Forgot to add that yes direct fit no messing.

Back