Alternative rear disc?

Paulrxs650

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone come across a smaller rear disc that bolts to the XS650 rear wheel. The reason being is I think the original is a tad too large diameter for the Cafe build. I believe the XS750 fronts fit the XS650 rear however, it is still 10" diameter.

Regards

Paul

Figure out what outside diameter you need,and take the disc to a machine shop,and have it turned down on a lathe. If it can't be turned,it could be set up,and circle milled to the size you need.

Only problem with cutting the outside diameter down is you cut down the swept area of the pads. Cutting the outside down won't move the inside closer to the hub. The rotor is off set, You can't move the caliper in because it would hit the offset.
I don't know if dirt bikes used a smaller rotor or if any used the same bolt pattern.
Leo

Thanks guys, yes it has me quite stumped at the moment. I was hoping perhaps a smaller capacity Yamaha may have used the same spacings as the XS hub with a smaller diameter rotor.

Paul,
ISR of Sweden can make a disc to your specs, I had one made for a custom wheel built on a Talon MX hub. A 250 mm disc with an alloy carrier (non-floating) ended up costing near 200 GBP. You should be able to order custom made ISR discs through HPS in the UK. ISR make some of the best brake discs on the market, I have had one of their front discs on my Ducati Monster for the last 70 000 km, and it is much better than the stock stainless Brembo disc.

Back