Wanted - always looking for Early xs650 parts 70-73

Kyd727

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Always on the hunt for early xs650 parts. Soon to be restoring an xs1 and xs1b.
Please let me know what you've got and what you want for it.
Thanks - Tom

72 complete decompressor, only missing rocker arm. 70 or 71 front fender.
These are items I will not use. I dont like priceing stuff, With todays economy I prefer to trade things, I am into xs650b's. But will listen to most any offer where as these items are taking up valuable realestate.

the decompressor system short the rocker arm
that would consist of original cables as came off bike, swith housing with decompressor lever, starter switch decompressor cover, with all functioning internals to put this on a bike that has the decompressor rocker arm.if anyone else has interest in this please email me at arfiskenterprises@comcast.net
we dont need to tie up the forums. No theres no motor or head. If however you need them email me.

SPARE PARTS FROM: 1972 YAMAHA XS2 650 "Brilliant red"

I have 2 cylinder bases, both from 1972 yamaha xs2 650 bikes.
One of them just needs honing, bore size is still STD.
The other cylinder base has 1 good sleeve, honed STD bore size (74.946) but the other sleeve has a few pits in it and would be due for a boring out.
Both cylinder bases were painted black at one time, would need to be repainted or blasted showroom clean.

Have two 1972 yamaha xs2 650 heads.
One head is painted black and would need to be repainted or cleaned back to original aluminum color.
The other head is bare aluminum.
Both heads have good valves, good spark plug threads, good mating surfaces, etc.

Have one 1972 yamaha xs2 650 cap/rocker box.
Partially painted black.
Cap number matches number on head that is painted black.
Low wear on rocker arms, all good bolt threads.

Have inner fork diaphram and spring assemblies, cap bolts etc for 1 pair of 1972 yamaha xs2 650 forks.
Have fork tubes also, minor pitting on upper halves.
Have the fork tubes also (1972 yamaha xs2 650), Left side fork tube is good condition, needs polishing. Right side tube was beat with a hammer.

Have oem used cable set.
DECOMPRESSION cable, clutch, 2-throttle cables.
Good-fair condition, grey

Have 1 upper brake line hose, 1972 yamaha xs2 650 BRAND NEW

Have original seat, MINT CONDITION 1972 yamaha xs2 650 .
Seat was removed from bike in 1972 and was stored.
Cant find one better.

Have 1972 yamaha xs2 650 Cam chain tension - 6 bolt pattern w/sprocket spur wheel.
Also have the front chain damper and lower engine chain damper. All in like new condition.

Have a few loose pistons, piston pins and piston pin clips STD size bore.

:bike:

I have some XS2 parts left over from my restore. On e-bay right now I have listed a 72 crank which is very good condition. I do have a decompression cover I would sell. . How are you doing on tanks. How bout a compleat frame with papers. It won't be available till next fall. It's a long story. I have quite a few other items. Could you compile a list and e-mail me

I have some XS2 parts left over from my restore. On e-bay right now I have listed a 72 crank which is very good condition. I do have a decompression cover I would sell. . How are you doing on tanks. How bout a compleat frame with papers. It won't be available till next fall. It's a long story. I have quite a few other items. Could you compile a list and e-mail me

how much for the decompression cover?:)

I would take $20.00. plus shipping. There is a NOS cover on e-bay right now for $35.00. Mine is used but it will do the same thing. I think it still has all the internals with it. I need to did it out

I would take $20.00. plus shipping. There is a NOS cover on e-bay right now for $35.00. Mine is used but it will do the same thing. I think it still has all the internals with it. I need to did it out

yeah let me know, I'm picking upt one motor tomorrow and having one shipped so let me know ...."K"

Just wanted to bump my thread up to the top.
Since there are alot more members now, Im hoping there are some good parts avaliable.
I really need an early stock seat, grab rail, and turn signals.
Would love to find any early tank, side covers etc. With original paint, although I'm always open for any parts you may want to get rid of.

Also intrested in cb750 parts too!

Let me know - and thanks toall who have replied so far,
Tom S. - (KYD727)

anything here of interest?

Before5.jpg

Before3.jpg

Still have pretty much everything off my 73. The tank is coated inside, but had a seeping leak that I had to fix. Buggered the paint under the seat :( Otherwise in ok shape. Brand new petcocks from Mikes.

I have all the starter gears in great shape (under clutch cover and in the lower section, everything that can be removed without splitting cases), some valve tappet covers, complete cam chain tensioner assembly, brand new front cam guide, good stock air filters and holders. PM me if interested, don't reply to this thread, I probably wont see it :)

Back