Am I the only one?

I use a Blackjack 1000, one of the finest motorcycle jacks out there in my opinion. It is a screw jack, not hydraulic, and that allows you to precisely set the height exactly where you need it. I have saddlebag mounts so I need to get the bike pretty high up to get the rear wheel out. Then for install, I can lower the bike to exactly the right level so the axle slides through the forks or swingarm and through the wheel. I wish I would have bought this thing much sooner than I did, lol.

My 650 is the easiest bike I've ever owned to put on the center stand. Several things contribute to this. First, I put grease fittings on the stand pivots. I was amazed what a difference this made. I have a Standard model and they are just naturally easier to put on the stand because of the more upright rear shocks. You don't have to lift as much. I also have slightly longer than stock shocks. All together, these things make the bike super easy to put on the stand. I hardly need lift at all, just step on the tang. I have installed the grease fittings on a couple box stock Specials and they make a noticeable difference on them as well.

Airhead BMW centerstands are very good. BMW put lots of thought into their design and location. They were actually designed as a work stand. Remove either wheel and the bike rocks back onto the other one. While on the stand, lift the rear up slightly so the wheel is off the ground, and you can spin the bike around in a circle with very little effort. I've never encountered another stand like this.

I use a Blackjack 1000, one of the finest motorcycle jacks out there in my opinion. It is a screw jack, not hydraulic, and that allows you to precisely set the height exactly where you need it. I have saddlebag mounts so I need to get the bike pretty high up to get the rear wheel out. Then for install, I can lower the bike to exactly the right level so the axle slides through the forks or swingarm and through the wheel. I wish I would have bought this thing much sooner than I did.
I bought a blackjack clone a few months back. Your right about how good these things are.
got mine for about half the price of a blackjack.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/351029060135?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Back