Am I the only one ?

peanut

XS650 enthusiast & inveterate tinkerer
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I use a heavily tabbed browser with often 10+ sites open at once .

The PC is left on overnight in sleep mode and many times the following day I'll wake the PC up and on checking this site I'll find an interesting post from someone which possibly has few if any responses and I'll decide to respond to .

On posting my reply I go back to spell check to suddenly discover that there are dozens of other replies before mine that have suddenly appeared from nowhere ? often with the issue solved .....:umm:

I guess I am not so observant as I once was :(and often miss things but I also frequently forget to refresh the page that I'm on doh......:rolleyes:

I guess I'm pretty much the definition of "old school". I started with computers when a Tandy 1000 with DOS 2.x, 64K (that's right "K") of RAM and TWO (Woooooo) floppy drives was a hot setup.

I rarely have more than one tab open, I run a cleaner every day to get rid of unused files and cookies and such, shut down my browser when I'm not using it and turn the confuser off every night.

As to forgetting to refresh the page and discovering new replies after I've already ran my mouth...uh...guilty...:rolleyes:

I love computers because they are fast and you can do so much with them like photo and video editing etc but for straight surfing ,like Rasputin we usually use a Tablet. They are great to catch up on the days news in bed in the mornings or whilst watching the TV at night.

With me its mostly a case of not paying attention although my close vision is really appallingly bad now especially if my blood sugar levels are up so its easy for me to miss page numbers and PM notifications
I must pay more attention , I must pay more attention I must pay mo...................:D

Yeah I get caught all the time.
Nearly all browsers have a refresh icon in the tool bar.
refresh.png

That helps to find those previous replies. What really drives me nuts is facebook and hidden replies even on freshly loaded pages, grrr.

Back