Amber headlight?

kent_in_kc

Heartlander
Reaction score
I'm tinkering with the idea of an amber headlight. Does anyone know of a source for 7" round amber sealed beams? Do you think it would be sufficient to use as a headlight, bright enough?

The amber lights you've seen on chops have been spotlights being run as headlights. Since the only U.S. DOT approved headlights are white, it's also likely that it's not legal in your state. Most state's ordinances require white lights as well. Either way, expect the occasional hassle from the po-po, as they seem to have a knack for picking out shit on scoots.

You said "France". :laugh:

They are annoyingly bright to other drivers (distraction) and will most likely get you pulled over.
There are a couple cars in my area who run yellow headlight bulbs and they are very distracting at night. Not too sure how far ahead of you it will put out light. I know the higher color temp bulbs, say 15k-20k are very blue/purple and the eyes can't see that very well, so the lights look dim when driving.

If you want to see, stick to somewhere around 10K color temp which is a crisp white.

Back