Amen Frame

Capt_Zoom

Raider Rider/xs newbie
Reaction score
Anyone ever put an xs motor in an Amen chopper frame? Thinking about picking one up from a friend but its set up for a BSA motor and tranny.

Is it the sprung rear axle frame or the true hardtail frame? I've had both. The Hardtail has nice lines a decent rake. The "Savior" frame is OK. Rake is less and the rear sprung section gets a little wobbly as they wear. I locked mine so it just looked like the springs worked but handled like a hardtail. Nice conversation piece, not practical in the real world.

Forgot to add neither had XS engines in them. Triumphs only so it should be close.

Guy I picked up my 78 off of had a SOHC CB750 Amen frame. Said it doesn't handle as bad as everyone says...

I have a saviour frame I mocked up...thought it was ugly. I am running a rear sprung axle frame on another bike> It's an All Souls with enclosed springs and a tab out back for the axle istead of through the spring support...much cleaner look and much better ride. Should mention my frames weren't set up with XS650's. Just my opinion, but chopper frames swallow up XS's. I like XS's for bobbers and cb750's for choppers and build both. That's just me though.

Guy I picked up my 78 off of had a SOHC CB750 Amen frame. Said it doesn't handle as bad as everyone says...

They aren't bad. You usually just need to rebush/ shim 'em from being wore out from many miles of use. Maintenance, just like anything else.

Back