Another electrical Relocation question...

jonez2k1

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Folks,
I'm trying to relocate my electicals under my cafe seat.... I've got a PMA from Hugh and a Shorai battery. (I'm running stock points for now but I dunno if it matters)
I plan on buying a new harness from Mikes and using both my kick and electric start, with signal lights...
Is there ANYTHING I can eliminate?

Don't buy, build. that way you won't waste anything and have just what you need.
Leo

Thanks,
I'm really new to this.. I dont know what I need (or don't need) since I'm kinda still using everything.
Could u recommend a good thread for what I'm trying to do?

Lots of advice on what you need and what you don't.
most important is the charging system, then the ignition. The ignition makes it run, the charging system keeps it running.
Your PMA from HHB come with instructions on the install. When you get to the wiring part run the positive from the reg/rec to the battery. This will charge the battery.
Find the "Some Wiring Diagrams" thread. I like #4 it shows the basic points set up with the separate reg and rec. It has the TCI and combo reg/rec in boxes. Up in the corner it shows how the starter is wired.
It doesn't have any of the extra stuff added on the later stock bikes. No RLU, Not turn self canceler None of that crap.
For the PMA just hook it up as described earlier then wire the rest like in that diagram. Where it shows the ignition wired up just hook what ever ignition you use after the engine stop switch.
Lights and such are easy Add a fuse run some wire. same with turns and the horn.
Leo

Back