Another iron horse in the stable: '66 Norton N15CS

hogtyed

Paul
Reaction score
Just picked it up yesterday and I've already got the Amal monoblocs off ready for re-sleeving with new parts to be delivered from across the pond. Next purchase will be a drip pan for the garage. :)

Attachments

• 20180512_103641.jpg
    20180512_103641.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_0584.JPG
    IMG_0584.JPG
    185.3 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_0594.JPG
    IMG_0594.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 163
Lucky man! That's a very desirable bike, and looks to be in very good shape too. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
It's in real good shape. He sold it because he hasn't ridden it, nor started it in the past 5 years. Which is why I removed the carbs to clean them up. And they were full of varnish and ports were packed solid. I got to put my cleaning kit to use that I bought to clean up my B38's. Left side slide sticks. I lightly sanded it and had it moving again, then it stuck once I re-installed. I decided to have it sleeved, since one of the top guys in the states who does this, lives across town. He sleeved my old '69 Bonnie Amal carbs and it purred like a kitten afterwards. I will have it painted back to the original color scheme next winter. The candy apple red with silver underneath looks much better than black.

Great old bike! Nice score, Norton’s are getting pretty rare, good for you for fixing it up again.

Back