Another XS in the garage

UPDATE...
Spent the last couple days making this seat mount and pivot from scratch!
Video to come soon!!!
Just finished powder coating it with a Transparent Copper so i left a bunch of the
grinding and sanding marks to show through. Looks like an antique brushed copper...
Should be cool!!!

RAW
1.jpg

RAW
2.jpg

RAW ready for powder
3.jpg

Fresh out'a the oven
4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

Looks kool, Seen chrome seat rails like that before on a triumph I think it was might have been an XS. From memory it was a sprung seat. If yoour interested I'll see it I can dig up photos.

Very innovative shocker. Interested to see how you find the ride compared to your, other shock setup and springs on previous builds.

Where's the full side view of the bike??

Love following your builds and personally I prefer photos to video.

Looks kool, Seen chrome seat rails like that before on a triumph I think it was might have been an XS. From memory it was a sprung seat. If yoour interested I'll see it I can dig up photos.

Very innovative shocker. Interested to see how you find the ride compared to your, other shock setup and springs on previous builds.

Where's the full side view of the bike??

Love following your builds and personally I prefer photos to video.

Yeah i've seen it somewhere too, that's kinda where i got the idea, so figured i'd give a go on my own version.

Full side view will have to wait for a few days, there is no front end or wheels on it yet :)

getting ready for the new addition to the chappellcustoms family, so made some iron ons for the new baby... coming any day now... literally!!!

1.jpg

2.jpg

Congrats looks like you made another Chappell custom………………Don't see where the wheels fit though, and worried about that whining noise it makes lol

Congrats looks like you made another Chappell custom..................Don't see where the wheels fit though, and worried about that whining noise it makes lol

:laugh: yeah i'm already trying to figure out how to customize the stroller! with xs parts:D

today i made some parts for the seat pan, welded them on then cleaned it up and powdercoated it, this is the basic idea. I'll have it covered in leather and tooled with something cool.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

UPDATE! Christmas is here!
Sorry for the lack of posts but between the new baby and family i've been busy with life...

HERE IT IS, my girder and a quick mockup... No bearings anywhere yet so it looks like a chopper, but it will straighten up when i actually fit it.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

I'd love to take credit for this girder, but with my new baby there was just no way to find the time to build it.
SO i had my friends over at MotoGirl build it for me. Took 2 months to get it. But should work out great.
It'll be a while before i get it all fit and working properly thats for sure...
Updates will come as i find the time i guess...

Been wanting to do this for a while, so i took advantage of my family being in town and made them help out.
Building a powdercoat oven large enough to powder my new frame.
here's a pic. It should be finished in a week or so when i get the rest of the parts.
I posted more oven pics here as i was building it, thought i'd share.

http://chappellcustoms.com/?p=1099#more-1099

1.jpg

quick update.
Got my powder oven working and decided to change the color on my wheels.
This is a dark copper satin metallic.
Just wasn't happy with the last color.
This is sick nice!
all powdery...
1.jpg

2.jpg

nice and baked...
3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Back