Another XS in the garage

small update... still mocking up the new tank idea, but its starting to come together.
thought i'd share...

t1.jpg

t2.jpg

:eek:

All hail bobber33, we are not worthy! Mad skills you got there! I aspire to have what you have someday. Talent AND tools!! :D :thumbsup:

Keep on keepin' on!

Can't wait to see the tank fitted, I love an exposed backbone on bikes if done right.
Are you going to have it flush on top? i.e. bolt on from underneath rather than having straps over the backbone, I hope so

Can't wait to see the tank fitted, I love an exposed backbone on bikes if done right.
Are you going to have it flush on top? i.e. bolt on from underneath rather than having straps over the backbone, I hope so

so far that is the idea anyway... no straps, and hopefully no visible front mounts, rear may mount to the seat shock tab, still not sure yet.

Havent seen an update on this project in a while.

Also, any contact info for MotoGirl on that fork? Do they have a site or anything. Very interested...

Havent seen an update on this project in a while.

Also, any contact info for MotoGirl on that fork? Do they have a site or anything. Very interested...

Sorry all, been super busy lately with a garage addition, and life and work in general.
Updates will come shortly.

Keep in mind that front end is not made for an XS so things will have to be made to make it work with the XS neck and wheels.
MotorGirl website is
http://www.motorgirlshop.com/
or ebay
http://stores.ebay.com/Motorgirl-Motorcycle-Parts

quick update...
Been working on a bunch of stuff, but here are some pics of the tank work.
Basically made all the parts and just need to tweak it a bit and start welding.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

So I'm new to the world of fabrication...could you tell me the proper name for the metal studs you are using to hold together the sheet metal before you tack it up?
Thanks

got the tank pretty much finished. Still need to do a few more things to it but that can wait for now.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

not xs but had to show,I'm diggin your tanks, love when the back bone is shown. Here's mine on my chopper build.

Attachments

• IMG_0328.jpg
    IMG_0328.jpg
    267.3 KB · Views: 255
Back