Any interest in a batch of seat hoops?

the_nutt

Have Fun
Reaction score
I'm going to have a fab shop bend me a new seat hoop. Locally no one can bend 7/8" tubing to the correct radius, so I'm going to use 3/4" and just smooth it out. I thought I'd see if there was any interest here. If so, maybe I can get a better price on a batch of them. Not sure what cost would be.. Possibly around $50 each? Let me know what you think soon: I want to move on this pretty quickly. My mock-up image is attached.

Attachments

• loop-mock.jpg
    loop-mock.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:
find a bunch of old handle bars, cut and piece them together...maybe itll be cheaper and youll get a look you like, you could also cut notches in the stock frame and take a hammer and bend it around, only needing to add a small section of handle bar tubing. then weld it all up. (i know im a neanderthal)

That's what I'd do too. $50 for a piece of bent tubing? I don't think so .....

Lots of handlebars are nowhere near .120 wall. Please don't do that.
That's just ghetto.
Find a bender. Or a shop. Do it right or don't do it at all.

its a tail section buddy, not a complete frame possible just a small section if you use the existing frame to create the hoop. itll hold dont forget youll have shock support too.

nutt so sorry your thread has been highjacked, to save you time..its all bs from here

Last edited:
"It'll hold"
Yep. That says about everything about the "builder". No further info needed.

Anyways, there are a million shops , my own included that will gladly provide you with a loop to your design with slugs to properly do what you're looking to do.
Or you can be the "it'll hold" guy.

"It'll hold"
Yep. That says about everything about the "builder". No further info needed.

Anyways, there are a million shops , my own included that will gladly provide you with a loop to your design with slugs to properly do what you're looking to do.
Or you can be the "it'll hold" guy.

lol get over yourself, you know nothing about my skills....that attitude does say something about you though. 5twins agreed with me and i bet he has a wealth more knowledge than you do. how do i know? He never post questions just answers them, you on the other hand...ive seen your threads. nothing wrong with questions, just saying. plus ive done it and it does hold...do you understand the term coalescence before you look it up?. Coalescence is a term used in welding. Two (or possibly more) pieces of metal are bonded together by liquefying the places where they are to be bonded, coalescing these liquids, and allowing the coalesced liquid to solidify. At the end of this process the two pieces of metal have become one continuous solid, and if the weld has been made properly, it will be as strong as the original workpieces

--judging by your welds id say not, nice shop too by the by.

do you understand what is being welded together?

Last edited:
Lol it seems you got a little butt hurt Neanderthal.
Let me explain you to you how it works.
I disagree with your opinion on a public forum, you get butt hurt, spew a bunch of random Bullshit, I laugh.
What I was doing is offering a different opinion and my help to the dude. It just so happened that I disagreed with you and your back yard builder statements.
I haven't seen any of your work nor do I care enough to check it out.
You made yourself sound silly there buddy, not my fault really.

I barely post here yet you've seen so many of my posts.
And you've seen my work, and you've seen my welds, and you've seen my shop? Wow, I had no idea Ive documented my endeavors so well.
In the last 3 years 99 %of my posts have been in the classifieds section. Still not sure what you're blabbering about.
Relax internet warrior. Anger doesnt make you look good.

Haha my welds, too funny. Still searching for a picture of "my welds" on this forum. Thanks for the laugh neophyte. I mean Neanderthal.

Lol it seems you got a little butt hurt Neanderthal.
Let me explain you to you how it works.
I disagree with your opinion on a public forum, you get butt hurt, spew a bunch of random Bullshit, I laugh.
What I was doing is offering a different opinion and my help to the dude. It just so happened that I disagreed with you and your back yard builder statements.
I haven't seen any of your work nor do I care enough to check it out.
You made yourself sound silly there buddy, not my fault really.

I barely post here yet you've seen so many of my posts.
And you've seen my work, and you've seen my welds, and you've seen my shop? Wow, I had no idea Ive documented my endeavors so well.
Relax internet warrior. Anger doesnt make you look good.

Haha my welds, too funny. Still searching for a picture of "my welds" on this forum. Thanks for the laugh neophyte. I mean Neanderthal.

"It'll hold"
Yep. That says about everything about the "builder". No further info needed. --

you started by saying that..maybe you should think about what you post before you post it.

and yes ive seen your welds and post. ive also have your address as ive sold an item to you. I know who you are, some posters stick out to me. you also have profile pictures, so yes ive seen these things on here and also im not really a neanderthal if that were so then you would be a SangreDeDios. now what kind of logic is that? and im no warrior, first time ive defended myself in a position like this. also that "bullshit" you say i spew...thats not bullshit. do some research there pal. this all started because i said it will hold. nothing negative towards you, then you deiced to be a dick head.:thumbsup:

Dude could you calm down already.
You have my address? Come down and check out the shop and say hi.
And please enlighten me with a pic of my shitty welds and links to my stupid questions because I'm at a loss here.

Dude could you calm down already.
You have my address? Come down and check out the shop and say hi.
And please enlighten me with a pic of my shitty welds and links to my stupid questions because I'm at a loss here.

im calm...dont read emotion through text or type. im not driving to check out your shop in detroit. click on your profile and check out your photos. this topic is dead man. let it go. and keep in mind i never said you had shitty welds or that you had stupid questions, that's in your head not mine. if one of us is not calm, who could it be?

Ps I think it'll hold statement on this subject was amateurish. Ill stand by that statement. Most handlebars others worthy of cutting up are made out of tubing less then .120 wall. And without slugging it I wouldnt trust it. Nothing new here, pretty standard fab stuff. So calm down. They're will always be someone who'll disagree with you.
Move on.

My photos of what? I dont see any pictures of my welds. Show me. Lol you're ridiculous. If you're gonna call me out come with some proof.Not air.

Agreed. Do it right the first time.

Here's one I was looking at for my cafe build.

35.00-45.00 for a 1.20 wall seat hoop

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=54894.0

if you want to pay others build your bike so all you have to do is bolt it on thats fine, but itll hold and its is a right way of doing it. youll save so much money doing things yourself, thats all. doing this is better than not running a top mount, but people do it. or not running a front brake.

if you want to hop into this, im talking about using the existing frame cutting notches into it to bend it or heat it up and bend it and use an inch or two of handle bar to meet the two ends up.

My photos of what? I dont see any pictures of my welds. Show me. Lol you're ridiculous. If you're gonna call me out come with some proof.Not air.

do you know what p.s. stands for? yikes and im supposed to be the neanderthal,
for the third time, click on your profile and check out your photos, its dead man. jesus.

Last edited:
my post were for people that don't have extra handlebars LOL! Get a grip neanderthal!

if you want to pay others for all your work thats cool., but itll hold and its is a right way of doing it. youll save so much money doing things yourself, thats all. doing this is better than not running a top mount, but people do it. or not running a front brake.

Lol im aware of my photos. I put them there.
Where are the welds you speak of?

Yeah. Shittalking is an artform with you apparently.
Like I said if you're gonna call me out on my welds, better come with some proof not air.

But you won't.
So fuck it. Now it's dead.

Lol im aware of my photos. I put them there.
Where are the welds you speak of?

Yeah. Shittalking is an artform with you apparently.
Like I said if you're gonna call me out on my welds, better come with some proof not air.

But you won't.
So fuck it. Now it's dead.

look at the hard tail progress from photo to photo. i didnt think i had to spell it out.

Last edited:
my post were for people that don't have extra handlebars LOL! Get a grip neanderthal!

this is for one dude and no you said do it right or dont do it at all. on that note, used handle bars are free or cheaper than a 50 dollar piece of metal. you can find free bicycle handles all the time. get a grip on what? are you somehow offended now?

Back