Anybody got an extra BS38 float bowl they could part with?

76static

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need a float bowl in good shape for a 1976 or 77 BS38. One of mine has a messed up pilot circuit and I can't get my jetting or tuning right because of it.:banghead:I can't find one anywhere.

So, if anybody has one, let me know please. Thanx

Yeah, but I'm just wanting the bowl(s) and not the whole carb(s). I posted a thread in there too but I thought there might be some one in here that has an extra that might not look in there.

I have a ton of carbs but without the bowls there useless.

I got ya. Pretty much my problem if you know what I mean. I'd buy a whole carb from somebody just for the bowl, I'm just not really wanting to spend alot when all I need is the bowl.

If you have a BS38 the uses the VM22/210 style pilot jet and you'd be willing to let it go for a good price, let me know. :wink2:

Whats the letter on the bottom of the bowl? I have some junk carbs that have an E on the bowls. They have the 27.5 jets in them.
Leo

I never noticed one on them. I can tell you they have the overflow tube in them and the trough style circuit. Where on the bottom is the letter?

On these bowls the letter is next to the drain plug, no over flow.
I have some bowls with a letter A, E and H. The A's are on my 73 carbs, the E's you know about, the H's are on my 76-77 carbs. They have the over flows and use the BS30/96 pilots.
I'll try to post some pics.
It's been a long time since I used this computer, I can't remember how to resize the pics.
When I figure it out I'll get the pics up.
Leo

Last edited:
Ok, figured it out. They didn't come out as clear as usual but here they are.
You can see the way the pilot jet air tract is. If you look you can see the letter E next to the drain plug.
Leo

Attachments

• float bowls 001.jpg
    float bowls 001.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 91
  • float bowls 002.jpg
    float bowls 002.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 105
I have a pair of them. If you want them I'll send along the pilots that are in them. No drain plugs. It's the only jets I have that work with these bowls. All my other carbs use the BS30/96 pilots.
I have a set of 76-77 carbs that I'm using the bowls of an older set. They use the BS30/96 jets. All the brass inside is from a 74 set of carbs, the short Z6 needle jet, and 4N8 needle. 47.5 pilots, 137.5 mains. They work good just need diaphrams and float valves, maybe floats. I have to go through all the carbs to check to see if I have two good floats and float valves.
Leo

Hey Leo, thanx for the info man. I wish you had sent me that message sooner, I bought a set of carbs off ebay earlier this afternoon.

I REALLY appreciate everybody's help. You guys are awesome on here.

Back