Anybody got experience with SXS ATVs?

Downeaster

Everything in XS
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Just daydreaming here, but it occurs to me that IF we manage to move, we'll be in the middle of about 9 acres of woods and 1/2 mile from the mail box.

Seems like a reasonable excuse to buy a side-by-side. Used, of course, the prices on new ones are just stupid. 2 passenger is plenty, don't need a dump box or plow or much of anything past two seats and 4WD.

My only experience is with an ancient JD Gator that was wore plumb out and a complete piece of rattling, noisy, slow, hard shifting piece of junk, and a Polaris Razor that you had to stand on the brake with both feet and force it into gear with a great deal of wailing and gnashing of synchros. Owner said that was normal???

I guess all the Big 3 motorcycle manufacturers are making UTVs now, so looking for experience, advice on models, guesstimates on what I might have to pay, etc. etc.

4 years ago I acquired a beat up Kawasaki Mule that is now 28 years old. It is reliable, easy to work on and parts (aftermarket) are plentiful and not expensive. Service manuals and parts manuals are easy to come by. It has switchable 4-wheel drive, switchable locking differentials and will pull like all get out when you ask it to.

Back