Anybody with 15" apes?

strungxout

Awesome
Reaction score
I finally got a set of 15" apes from TC Bros, and I'm having the cables made on Monday. Does anybody here run 15's? I'm not sure how much longer I should go with the cables. TC Bros sells a set that are 5 inches over, it looks like I'll need more than that but I could be wrong. Just don't want to order them too short and be screwed, or too long and have a ton of extra cable. I'd measure but it nearing the end of riding season and I actually have decent weather this weekend, so I don't want to tear it apart and not be able to ride. Any help is appreciated, thanks guys.

Well I'd have to rip apart the bars I have on there now and mount the apes to measure it, and thats what I was trying to avoid so I can continue riding today/tomorrow. I was kind of hoping someone with a similar setup could tell me what length they ran.

I would offer up my cable lengths, but, mines a little extreme of a case. Jamesgs4 has the right idea, you just need another person to hold the bars near where you want them, then measure with string. I used this method and didn't unbolt a thing until I had my cables made.

Posted via Mobile

Thanks ill give it a try. How should I messure the cable inside of the controls and inside the side case? Should I just run the string to the outside of the cases and just add on an extra 2 inches or so?

IMHO, yes. You want a few inches of free cable for turning and the two or 3 inches inside the case.

Post some pics of your machine once your reaching for the sky.

Posted via Mobile

Just got the bars on. Was going to measure but I'm giving up for the night to watch the Pens game. Here are a few pictures. If someone still feels like posting the length of their cables it couldnt hurt. Thanks for the advice guys.

IMG_20111015_130614.jpg

IMG_20111015_130623.jpg

IMG_20111015_130652.jpg

IMG_20111015_130604.jpg

hell yea i luv my apes . got them from tc bros too. and the cables, now the fronk brake
hose is off a honda three wheeler . it was either a 250r or a 350 , it had the gold rims if that helps u

So what length are your cables? Are the TC Bros 5 inches over stock length? And if so, is 5 inches long enough? Do you have enough slack and everything? Thanks man.

hey just measured them clutch 59in throttle 53in fronk brake hose 45in now these could be off a inch or two either way ,iam sure i got the clutch and throttle from tcbro , just call them. i told em what i needed, they even weld my hardtail on that i got from em

Thanks for taking the time to actually go measure your cables for me man, I appreciate it. You measured your aftermarket cables? I can't find any official specs on the cables but I looked up oem replacement cables and the dimensions are 59 1/4 on the clutch and 44 on the throttle. I thought the TC Bros were 5" over? Maybe I'm wrong, I have no idea anymore haha.

hey anything too help. yea they aftermarket. still got my org and they measure 61 on clutch and 45 on throttle.did the build last year so iam not sure why i got the clutch cable , think it was cause they suggested them .

just found old paper work i did get the ones they say fits the 15 in bars. i see they sold out . motion pro will build u some or may have them in stock, just google them. o bike looks damn good . dont think ill ever finsh mine

Back